For keyboard die-hards

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jan 15, 2009.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Of questionable use - they're all windows key + something. You know my
    ancient but beloved Northgate keyboard doesn't have those special Windows
    keys. No loss, though. I've always got a PowerShell window or two open, and
    know the command line for most things. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 15, 2009

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Keyboards are to Charlie as guitars are to musicians.
    Ten years ago the guitar I'd been using since I was 15 finally broke beyond
    repair.
    Bought a new one, life has never been the same. I surely miss my ol' guitar.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 19, 2009
  4. A sad day. But I'm covered with keyboards for at least a while. A friend in
    Australia had a couple still in their original packaging sitting in the back
    of the office. He shipped them off to me. :D

    There's even a clone of the Northgate keyboard available now. Uses the
    original designs and parts, as far as I can tell. But it's a bit pricey...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 19, 2009
  5. Carlos

    Graham Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > A sad day. But I'm covered with keyboards for at least a while. A friend
    > in Australia had a couple still in their original packaging sitting in
    > the back of the office. He shipped them off to me. :D
    >
    > There's even a clone of the Northgate keyboard available now. Uses the
    > original designs and parts, as far as I can tell. But it's a bit pricey...

    Two options which might suit those who appreciate a quality (aka
    old-fashioned) keyboard are the Unicomp keyboards which are effectively
    the old Type M IBM and later Lexmark keyboards, and Das Keyboard which
    comes in two flavours, one of which has no markings whatsoever.

    I recently bought a Unicomp one because I need a USB one and all my old
    Type Ms are PS2.
    Graham, Jan 21, 2009
  6. Interesting. It lacks an important feature for me, having the function keys
    on the left. And I'm not clear on whether they support remapping the Ctrl,
    Capslock and Alt keys, as my Northgate and Avant keyboards do.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 22, 2009