    ABC News had a brief story today showing the first appearance of the sun
    since ? in Barrow, AK. Enjoy!
    Allen
    Allen, Jan 24, 2008

  2. Allen <> wrote:
    >ABC News had a brief story today showing the first appearance of the sun
    >since ? in Barrow, AK. Enjoy!

    Yep, it was supposedly up for 55 minutes, from 1:12
    until 2:07 PM.

    Not that anybody saw it. Here's the weather that was reported
    at 1PM,

    Wind : from the WNW (290 degrees) at 25 MPH
    gusting to 33 MPH
    Visibility : 2 1/2 mile(s)
    Sky conditions : partly cloudy
    Weather : Blowing snow
    Temperature : -11 F (-24 C)
    Windchill : -38 F (-39 C)
    Dew Point : -16 F (-27 C)
    Relative Humidity : 76%

    And that was as thing were improving!

    In fact we didn't see anything different today than
    yesterday. But we'll be gaining 10-15 minutes of sun
    each day for quite a while. Then on May 10th it will
    come up and stay up until Aug 2nd.

    Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
    Floyd L. Davidson, Jan 24, 2008