For Cyberlink PowerDVD 5

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello,

    I just thought I would mention a few things that I think would might
    be nice for a future release relating to Cyberlinks CLEV (Eagle
    Vision) mode.

    1. Make it compatible other formats and not just MPEG1 and 2. Ex.
    MPEG-4 (Divx)

    2. When capturing a screenshot from a MPEG file or DVD let the
    capture actually capture the image with the CLEV enhancements on.

    I capture from a digital cable box right out of the S-video port and
    into my video capture/tuner card. All of the pictures lack good and
    bright color and look bland. The TV will put out much better and
    brighter color on composite.

    When I run the cap (MPEG-2) through PowerDVD it looks bright and
    colorful again.

    Thanks,
    John

    John, Oct 25, 2003

  2. John

    --o-- Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just thought I would mention a few things that I think would might
    > be nice for a future release relating to Cyberlinks CLEV (Eagle
    > Vision) mode.
    >
    > 1. Make it compatible other formats and not just MPEG1 and 2. Ex.
    > MPEG-4 (Divx)

    hmm its always worked with divx for me, even the really early
    releases did

    > 2. When capturing a screenshot from a MPEG file or DVD let the
    > capture actually capture the image with the CLEV enhancements on.
    >
    > I capture from a digital cable box right out of the S-video port and
    > into my video capture/tuner card. All of the pictures lack good and
    > bright color and look bland. The TV will put out much better and
    > brighter color on composite.
    >
    > When I run the cap (MPEG-2) through PowerDVD it looks bright and
    > colorful again.

    thats the overlay colours, you need to use a graphics prog
    for the screenshot colours/brightness

    --o--, Oct 26, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:05:01 +0800, "--o--" <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I just thought I would mention a few things that I think would might
    >> be nice for a future release relating to Cyberlinks CLEV (Eagle
    >> Vision) mode.
    >>
    >> 1. Make it compatible other formats and not just MPEG1 and 2. Ex.
    >> MPEG-4 (Divx)

    >hmm its always worked with divx for me, even the really early
    >releases did

    I was talking about Cyberlinks CLEV (Eagle Vision) mode. That wont do
    its work on a divx file.

    > > 2. When capturing a screenshot from a MPEG file or DVD let the
    >> capture actually capture the image with the CLEV enhancements on.
    >>
    >> I capture from a digital cable box right out of the S-video port and
    >> into my video capture/tuner card. All of the pictures lack good and
    >> bright color and look bland. The TV will put out much better and
    >> brighter color on composite.
    >>
    >> When I run the cap (MPEG-2) through PowerDVD it looks bright and
    >> colorful again.

    >thats the overlay colours, you need to use a graphics prog
    >for the screenshot colours/brightness

    Hmmm... I took it into photoshop and added a little color saturation
    and that helped some. I wonder why it is recorded so bland. On the
    TV the colors look rich and bright. I really like the way it looks
    under CLEV but I just wish I could capture it that way.

    What exactly is the overlay colors. In my video capture program
    (Cyberlink VirtualVCR) it does have a option to overlay or non-overlay
    video. I wonder what that does. I know what the word overlay means
    of course but I can't see the difference.

    Thanks,
    John

    John, Oct 26, 2003