For Canon aficionados? Differences Between Canon S410, A80 and SD10 models.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Lee, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Steve Lee

    Steve Lee Guest

    Can someone please kindly explain the main differences in terms of
    features, functionalities and capabilities in layman's terms? This
    would be my first time ever purchasing a dcam and all these
    abbreviations and terminologies are just Greek to me. (I would
    appreciate it if someone can point me to a site that explains all
    these abbreviations and terms).

    Are there any particularly useful or advanced
    functions/features/capabilities one specific camera has which the
    other two does not?

    Taking the usual prices between the three cameras, which represents
    the best value? But if you were given a choice of choosing between
    the three, which would you choose?

    Are there any comparable cameras by other manufacturers I should
    seriously look at, compared to the one that you'd choose between the
    three and if so, which would they be?

    Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically
    looking to get the best camera between the three and then see what's
    out there that might be just as good or even better, given the a
    similar price. Thanks!!
    Steve Lee, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Steve Lee

    Ian Stirling Guest

    In rec.photo.digital Steve Lee <> wrote:
    > Can someone please kindly explain the main differences in terms of
    > features, functionalities and capabilities in layman's terms? This
    > would be my first time ever purchasing a dcam and all these
    > abbreviations and terminologies are just Greek to me. (I would
    > appreciate it if someone can point me to a site that explains all
    > these abbreviations and terms).

    What do you want from a camera?

    Do you intend to take pictures of gardens at midday to be shown on mobile
    phone displays, or pictures of dimly lit nightclubs with long zooms
    that you want to blow up to poster size.
    Ian Stirling, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Steve Lee

    Steve Lee Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:58:00 GMT, Ian Stirling
    <> wrote:

    >In rec.photo.digital Steve Lee <> wrote:
    >> Can someone please kindly explain the main differences in terms of
    >> features, functionalities and capabilities in layman's terms? This
    >> would be my first time ever purchasing a dcam and all these
    >> abbreviations and terminologies are just Greek to me. (I would
    >> appreciate it if someone can point me to a site that explains all
    >> these abbreviations and terms).

    >What do you want from a camera?
    >
    >Do you intend to take pictures of gardens at midday to be shown on mobile
    >phone displays, or pictures of dimly lit nightclubs with long zooms
    >that you want to blow up to poster size.

    Yeah, I should've mentioned what I was going to use the dcam for
    primarily. Sorry.

    I think I'll be using it about 2/3 of the way towards the latter
    scenario. I don't want to blow up anything poster size, but I do
    expect nice and crisp pictures that will allow me to take pictures in
    various settings and conditions and sometimes might even print the
    pics using photopaper and print letterpaper sized photos. Thanks
    again.
    Steve Lee, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Steve Lee

    Chicha Guest

    Steve Lee <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > <...>
    > Are there any particularly useful or advanced
    > functions/features/capabilities one specific camera has which the
    > othe two does not?

    <...>
    There are two such features in A80.

    - Swivel LCD screen (high/low level shots, work on tripod, candid shots )
    - Custom mode (1 and 2) -- get your creative options set in one second.

    Must have for portable camere IMHO.

    Nick(Chicha).
    Chicha, Jun 29, 2004