    watch near as much.

    Any ideas or solutions? I really hope I don't have to take it in. Dad had a
    heck of a time hooking it up.
    AnnaTle, Sep 4, 2004

  2. AnnaTle

    Robotman Guest

    No never - is the player dying maybe??

    Robotman.

    "AnnaTle" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Have a question for those of you who watch DVD's a lot. Whether you buy

    them
    > or rent them.
    >
    > Do you ever notice seeing white or black spots on them when you watch

    them? I
    > you might see if you were watching a real old movie? I have been seeing

    this
    > with some of mine lately.
    >
    > Now before I watch them I take a soft cloth and wipe them off and also the
    > tray where they sit. There is one of them I have watched a lot. Maybe

    its
    > just wearing out but I've seen a couple of these spots on others that I

    don't

    Robotman, Sep 5, 2004

  3. AnnaTle

    Nathan Funk Guest

    I think this is probably a problem with your DVD player. I recommend
    playing the same DVD in a friend's player some time and looking for spots.

    The information on a DVD is so compressed that if something is not read
    properly, more than just small area is affected. There are ways that
    most DVD players correct this, but bad ones will skip over parts, or
    stop entirely.

    If the DVD player was cheap, the problem is most likely in the player
    itself, not the DVD. If it was expensive (and the place you bought it
    from is friendly :) you might want to have it checked.

    Hope that helps,

    Nathan
    Nathan Funk, Sep 5, 2004
  4. You said that your dad had a hard time connecting the player. I wonder
    what kind of video connection you are using?
    If you are using the yellow (composite) cable connection, you might
    have some interference coming in that way.
    This kind of cabling is prone to interference.
    If you are using S-VIDEO or even COMPONENT inputs, then my comments
    would not apply.
    Good luck,
    Hubert.

    Hubert Borrmann, Sep 5, 2004