For Any Firefox Users: Getting Extensions To Show (again, after updating to new vers.) ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Tried the Firefox forum, but didn't get any appropriate help.

    Have updated to the brand new vers 1.5

    I downloaded, and apparently installed, several "extensions" after
    installing this new vers. 1.5

    They do show up in the Extension Manager pull down menu.

    But no where else, apparently.

    How do I get them to show on the top (called a tool bar ?) like they did
    with the previous version ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Old Gringo Guest

    On or about Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 7:26:31 AM,, In the
    24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group, Without Any Hesitation Robert11
    Wrote The Following:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Tried the Firefox forum, but didn't get any appropriate help.
    >
    > Have updated to the brand new vers 1.5
    >
    > I downloaded, and apparently installed, several "extensions" after
    > installing this new vers. 1.5
    >
    > They do show up in the Extension Manager pull down menu.
    >
    > But no where else, apparently.
    >
    > How do I get them to show on the top (called a tool bar ?) like they did
    > with the previous version ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    some are incompatible at present and this may be the reason for them
    not showing in the tool bar ie TinyURL. etc.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Robert11

    Wrote The Following:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Tried the Firefox forum, but didn't get any appropriate help.
    >
    > Have updated to the brand new vers 1.5
    >
    > I downloaded, and apparently installed, several "extensions" after
    > installing this new vers. 1.5
    >
    > They do show up in the Extension Manager pull down menu.
    >
    > But no where else, apparently.
    >
    > How do I get them to show on the top (called a tool bar ?) like they did
    > with the previous version ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Of the ones I use, Fasterfox, Flashblock, TinyURL, and Translation
    Panel are incompatible at present.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 11/30/05 7:50:58 AM CST USA
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Robert11

    Wrote The Following:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Tried the Firefox forum, but didn't get any appropriate help.
    >
    > Have updated to the brand new vers 1.5
    >
    > I downloaded, and apparently installed, several "extensions" after
    > installing this new vers. 1.5
    >
    > They do show up in the Extension Manager pull down menu.
    >
    > But no where else, apparently.
    >
    > How do I get them to show on the top (called a tool bar ?) like they did
    > with the previous version ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Flashblock, Fasterfox, and Translation Panel now working with
    download from Authors web sites.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 11/30/05 10:22:37 AM CST USA
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2005