    their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
    mount???
    Ivan
    Ivan, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Ivan

    netnews Guest

    I put my Hasselblad 500mm T* on my Canon 10D, it made horrible pics.

    --
    David Holliday
    HollidayPhoto

    netnews, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Ivan

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Ivan" <> wrote in message
    > Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on
    > their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
    > mount???
    > Ivan

    I once tried a Sigma 600mm catadioptric.
    No contrast, no focus. No good.
    Alan D-W, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Ivan

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    The worst I have ever used was the Vivitar 19-35 zoom lens. Unbelievably
    bad lens. Most of the Cosina crap lenses marketed by Vivitar and Phoenix
    (and Cambridge etc) are not worth a penny. Sometimes bad is bad.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 6, 2004

    http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon
    Georgette Preddy, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Ivan

    Paul Bartram Guest

    > "Ivan" <> wrote

    > Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on

    their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
    mount???

    Can't remember the make now, but many years ago I bought a 400mm lens for my
    Nikkormat which bayoneted in the middle and could be telescoped to half the
    length for storage. Not a bad idea in theory, but in practice it sucked dust
    inside every time you extended it. Optical quality was right up there with
    the best milk bottles you could buy...

    Paul
    Paul Bartram, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Ivan

    Mick Sterbs Guest

    "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon

    And in there is this shot:

    http://www.pbase.com/image/23936372

    Hell, I knew Sigma colours were bad but that's *BAD*.

    And you say: "This image take with a Sigma SD9 using thier 600mm mirror lens
    with 2x Teleconverter. The RAW file was saturated to +2.0, the resulting
    image was saturated in Photoshop to 100%. Nothing else was done to it. ".
    So you mean YOU didn't do the wacky colouration in that picture? You're
    saying the Sigma play-camera did it all by itself.

    In another picture in the same gallery you say this:
    "The Moon was extremely bright tonight, the whites in this image appear to
    be washed out blue tones". Another Sigma feature Preddy?

    Couldn't help noticing that in your picture of a Sigma with 1020 mm -
    presumably the crap cat with a 2x - you also have a flash mounted on the
    camera. Bet this helped the moon shots eh Preddy?

    Preddy, I think that since you've introduced Sigma camera examples to this
    thread you have expertly validated the subject line which was: For a laugh.
    Mick Sterbs, Jun 7, 2004
  8. "Mick Sterbs" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon

    > And in there is this shot:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/23936372
    >
    > Hell, I knew Sigma colours were bad but that's *BAD*.

    I think you are confusing the NASA image and the Sigma match. Don't
    try to understand science, that's a different issue, the point is the
    Sigma 600mm mirror is by far the best mirror ever built for the 35mm
    format.
    Georgette Preddy, Jun 7, 2004
  9. Ivan

    I repeat what I first said:
    And you say: "This image take with a Sigma SD9 using thier 600mm mirror lens
    with 2x Teleconverter. The RAW file was saturated to +2.0, the resulting
    image was saturated in Photoshop to 100%. Nothing else was done to it. ".

    What the hell has NASA got to do with that??
    Mick Sterbs, Jun 7, 2004