Footnotes

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Ross, Jul 26, 2008.

  1. Ross

    Ross Guest

    BACKGROUND: I use Microsolft Word XP for word processing.

    I started typing a document in Microsoft Word. The document required
    footnotes, so I decided to use the footnote feature provided by the Microsoft
    Word program.

    I put my cursor just behind the the last word in the sentence that I wished
    to add a footnote.

    I clicked "insert" on the tool bar.

    I clicked "Reference" and clicked "Footnotes."

    I then clicked "insert" to place the footnote.

    The computer placed the footnote number behind the sentence. The cursor
    then automatically dropped to the bottom of the page.

    There was a short line and beneth the line was the footnote number and the
    cursor was clinking behind it.

    I typed the footnote information and returned to the text of the document.

    I continued to type text and add footnotes.

    I printed the document. The text and the footnotes printed fine.

    PROBLEM: When I highlighted a page to move it, the footnotes did not
    highlight.

    I then attached the word processing document to an e-mail and I was told
    that the text arrived, but the footnotes were not ncluded.

    QUESTION: Is there a way to make the footnotes application truly part of
    the document so that I may e-mail the entire document, including footnotes?
    Ross, Jul 26, 2008

  2. Ross

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    > QUESTION: Is there a way to make the footnotes application truly part
    > of the document so that I may e-mail the entire document, including
    > footnotes?

    Send the document as an attachment rather than pasting it in to an email.

    Other than that, I'd try your question in the Word support group. This
    group is for certification discussion.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL