    Any help out there? I can't reinstall XP, too much to lose and no way
    of backing it up.
    , Aug 2, 2007

  2. Guest

    Oh yeah, and I installed and scanned the hard drive with AVG anti
    virus, and it found 6 viruses and removed them... still nothing
    though, it's still screwed up.

    On Aug 1, 8:28 pm, wrote:
    > ok, this is weird... i installed system mechanic, did a registry
    > cleanup, and upon restarting the system all of the fonts are crazy...
    > i mean ALL of the fonts. the icons, the text on the startup screen,
    > the text in pop up boxes, the text in every program, etc. etc. the
    > font is "Marlett" and it comes up as gibberish, shapes and stuff. How
    > can I change this stuff back? I got most of it by going into Display
    > Properties, then Appearance, then Advanced, but only 2 fonts show up
    > there, System and something else.
    >
    > Any help out there? I can't reinstall XP, too much to lose and no way
    > of backing it up.
    , Aug 2, 2007

  3. Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/134861 ?

    --

    Experts Exchange should be removed from Google search results
    http://tinyurl.com/2g45gr