    Kyle

    $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Boomer Guest

    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> wrote:

    > I just read an MS Knowledge Base article that says that Win
    > 95/98/ME have a limit of approximately 1000 True Type fonts.
    > Does anyone know the limit for Win XP? I'm curious because the
    > computer I use at work contains 1052 TTFs and seems tapped out
    > using Win 98SE. The owner just LOVES typefonts and wants a wide
    > variety of them for use so I need to know if upgrading to Win
    > XP might be worth it?

    Hi

    I just did a quick Google search and got this:
    http://www.styopkin.com/articles/fonts_limit.html

    More:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    8&q=xp+fonts+limit&btnG=Google+Search

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?A5F415B78

    HTH
    Boomer, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    John Guest

    In article <40c119af$0$41516$>, Sens Fan
    Happy In Ohio <> wrote:

    > I just read an MS Knowledge Base article that says that Win 95/98/ME have a
    > limit of approximately 1000 True Type fonts. Does anyone know the limit for
    > Win XP? I'm curious because the computer I use at work contains 1052 TTFs
    > and seems tapped out using Win 98SE. The owner just LOVES typefonts and
    > wants a wide variety of them for use so I need to know if upgrading to Win
    > XP might be worth it?

    Aside from the OS limits, this is a classic function for type managers.
    Several allow you to store many fonts, organize them and inspect them,
    and load sets of typestyles on demand.

    I would caution you that if you use such a tool, make sure you keep
    informed, and perform updates as directed. This is one of those things
    that can ruin stability if you make upgrades to the OS without updating
    the font manager.
    John, Jun 5, 2004
  4. In news:40c130c0$0$63094$, Boomer
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but
    the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it
    away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded,
    so placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Hi
    >
    > I just did a quick Google search and got this:
    > http://www.styopkin.com/articles/fonts_limit.html
    >
    > More:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    > 8&q=xp+fonts+limit&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?A5F415B78
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks Boomer! I just assumed that Microsoft would have something in their
    knowledge base and never checked Google's search for it.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Jun 5, 2004
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Boomer Guest

    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> wrote:

    > Boomer <>

    [snip]
    >> Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?A5F415B78
    >>
    >> HTH

    > Thanks Boomer! I just assumed that Microsoft would have
    > something in their knowledge base and never checked Google's
    > search for it.

    You're welcome. :)
    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Plato Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:

    > I just read an MS Knowledge Base article that says that Win 95/98/ME have a
    > limit of approximately 1000 True Type fonts. Does anyone know the limit for

    Hmmm. It's about time MS admitted to this problem known by techs for
    over 5 years already. Actually for 98 its about 750 as many fonts have
    multiple entries.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 6, 2004