  1. I have install the latest update for XP 64 but when i reboot all the title
    and links colors have changes... Blue letters aon blue background.

    Any one have the same problem

    =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=, Nov 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=

    Rick Guest

    This must be peculiar to individual computers. Someone else reported a
    problem after the last security update.

    I updated two Win x64 systems. One took the security update, but then
    would not take the Office 2003 update, the Outlook update, nor .NET 2.0
    installation. The second one took all the updates, three total, and the
    ..NET 2.0 installation with no problems at all.

    I will probably re-install Win x64 on the first computer that had
    problems. Both computers have identical hardware, so I don't know what
    the problem is/was.

    Rick, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Have you tried changing your desktop to a different resolution then change
    it back to see if it fixes it? Also it could be a conflict your with your
    video card drivers. Could you provide us with a little bit information about
    system (specs)?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Hello . I have tried to cahnage my background and theme but iTs the same.
    Even my applications have change to.

    TRher are my specs.

    System Information report written at: 11/11/05 15:40:44
    System Name: XP643000
    [System Summary]

    Item Value
    OS Name Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition
    Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1, v.1433 Build 3790
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer Inc.
    System Model K8N
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD64 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2060 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1009.003, 06/10/2005
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.2.3790.1433
    (srv03_sp1_rc2.050203-1635)"
    Total Physical Memory 1,023.20 MB
    Available Physical Memory 543.22 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.46 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.72 GB

    [Display]

    Item Value
    Name NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
    Adapter Type GeForce 6600 GT, NVIDIA compatible
    Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
    Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)
    Installed Drivers nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version 6.14.10.7777
    INF File oem10.inf (nv4_NV3x section)
    Color Planes 1
    Color Table Entries 4294967296
    Resolution 1024 x 768 x 70 hertz
    Bits/Pixel 32

    =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=, Nov 11, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Personally, I would uninstall the update and if necessary do a system
    restore before too much time passes. Maybe when the update is installed at
    a later date it won't have the same problem, but for now, I would undo
    things while you wait for ideas and research the problem.

    John Barnes, Nov 11, 2005
  6. Hi:
    An NVidia GeForce driver update might help.
    You are using the "old" 77.77's (see driver version in your report as
    6.14.10.7777)
    Try installing the "newer" 81.85's from www.nvidia.com
    Your driver should be upgraded to 6.14.10.8185.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 11, 2005
  7. Have you considered moving from build 1433 to 1830? Maybe thats the problem,
    you are running on a non-supported build.

    Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2005
  8. I would have to reinstall to to change the built. First i will update my
    video drivers.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=, Nov 11, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Good catch Andre.

    John Barnes, Nov 11, 2005
  10. Thanks, Tivert has to realize that certain unexpected glitches that occurr
    with BETA and pre-released software and this is a likely possibility that
    you are experiencing one of them right now. The best solution is do a clean
    install of the full OEM Version which be from the following vendors. If you
    created any vital data, back it up to media or another partition and the
    clean install.

    You can purchase an OEM License from the following vendors with qualifying
    hardware:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft

    Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2005
  11. Try running Office Repair before you do anything drastic. I had to do that
    before the Office service pack would take. As for .net 2.0, uninstall the
    beta if it is on the machine.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 11, 2005
  12. Thanks Andre i will upgrade my Version. Thank you to all of you for your Help.

    Tivert

    =?Utf-8?B?VGl2ZXJ0?=, Nov 11, 2005
  13. You are welcome, I know its tough decision, after getting comfortable with
    it for so many months, but sooner or later it would have become a PITA.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005