    E. Scrooge Guest

    Just in case any one misses it.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Aug 15, 2004

  2. E. Scrooge

    ~misfit~ Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > Just in case any one misses it.

    Thanks Scrooge, I'm onto it. :)

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 15, 2004

  3. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    E. Scrooge said the following on 15/08/2004 21:44:

    > Just in case any one misses it.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Noted the change of channel, had a nap this afternoon to make sure I can
    stay awake through the potential boredom of Schumy leading all the way
    again.

    Collector, Aug 15, 2004
  4. E. Scrooge

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:23:38 +1200, Collector
    <> wrote:

    >E. Scrooge said the following on 15/08/2004 21:44:
    >
    >> Just in case any one misses it.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    >Noted the change of channel, had a nap this afternoon to make sure I can
    >stay awake through the potential boredom of Schumy leading all the way
    >again.

    That is getting to be a bit of a yawn now, even for Ferrari
    supporters. But you can't rule out Raikonnen or Button making things
    interesting. Doesn't this circuit suite the Renaults?

    GraB, Aug 15, 2004
  5. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    GraB said the following on 15/08/2004 23:24:

    > On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:23:38 +1200, Collector
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>E. Scrooge said the following on 15/08/2004 21:44:
    >>

    >>>Just in case any one misses it.
    >>>
    >>>E. Scrooge
    >>>

    >>Noted the change of channel, had a nap this afternoon to make sure I can
    >>stay awake through the potential boredom of Schumy leading all the way
    >>again.

    > That is getting to be a bit of a yawn now, even for Ferrari
    > supporters. But you can't rule out Raikonnen or Button making things
    > interesting. Doesn't this circuit suite the Renaults?

    The threat tonite is button who has turned in very good practise and
    qualifying results so far this race.

    The track however is up on a par with Monaco for being hard to pass on,
    so the pit stratagy is going to be paramount to winning.

    Watch turn 1,3 and 15 bthey are the tighest on the track and we can look
    foward to a few squeeze and bumps on these corners.

    Collector, Aug 15, 2004
  6. E. Scrooge

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector wrote:
    > GraB said the following on 15/08/2004 23:24:
    >
    >> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:23:38 +1200, Collector
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Noted the change of channel, had a nap this afternoon to make sure
    >>> I can stay awake through the potential boredom of Schumy leading
    >>> all the way again.

    >> That is getting to be a bit of a yawn now, even for Ferrari
    >> supporters. But you can't rule out Raikonnen or Button making things
    >> interesting. Doesn't this circuit suite the Renaults?

    > The threat tonite is button who has turned in very good practise and
    > qualifying results so far this race.
    >
    > The track however is up on a par with Monaco for being hard to pass
    > on, so the pit stratagy is going to be paramount to winning.
    >
    > Watch turn 1,3 and 15 bthey are the tighest on the track and we can
    > look foward to a few squeeze and bumps on these corners.

    Sako looks like he might be a threat too. Off to watch it now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 15, 2004
  7. E. Scrooge

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Collector wrote:
    >> GraB said the following on 15/08/2004 23:24:

    >>> That is getting to be a bit of a yawn now, even for Ferrari
    >>> supporters. But you can't rule out Raikonnen or Button making
    >>> things interesting. Doesn't this circuit suite the Renaults?

    >> The threat tonite is button who has turned in very good practise and
    >> qualifying results so far this race.
    >>
    >> The track however is up on a par with Monaco for being hard to pass
    >> on, so the pit stratagy is going to be paramount to winning.
    >>
    >> Watch turn 1,3 and 15 bthey are the tighest on the track and we can
    >> look foward to a few squeeze and bumps on these corners.

    > Sako looks like he might be a threat too. Off to watch it now.

    Typo, Sato.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 15, 2004
  8. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 15/08/2004 23:59:

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >>Collector wrote:

    >>>The threat tonite is button who has turned in very good practise and
    >>>qualifying results so far this race.
    >>>
    >>>The track however is up on a par with Monaco for being hard to pass
    >>>on, so the pit stratagy is going to be paramount to winning.
    >>>
    >>>Watch turn 1,3 and 15 bthey are the tighest on the track and we can
    >>>look foward to a few squeeze and bumps on these corners.

    >>Sako looks like he might be a threat too. Off to watch it now.

    > Typo, Sato.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    We are all wrong, Button dosnt seem to have it together, but Alonso is
    sitting there doing the job.

    Collector, Aug 15, 2004
  9. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 15/08/2004 23:59:

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >>Collector wrote:

    >>>The threat tonite is button who has turned in very good practise and
    >>>qualifying results so far this race.
    >>>
    >>>The track however is up on a par with Monaco for being hard to pass
    >>>on, so the pit stratagy is going to be paramount to winning.
    >>>
    >>>Watch turn 1,3 and 15 bthey are the tighest on the track and we can
    >>>look foward to a few squeeze and bumps on these corners.

    >>Sako looks like he might be a threat too. Off to watch it now.

    > Typo, Sato.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Wouldnt have given Pizzonia the chance he has taken, he is running well.

    Collector, Aug 15, 2004
  10. E. Scrooge

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 15/08/2004 23:59:
    >
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> Sako looks like he might be a threat too. Off to watch it now.

    >> Typo, Sato.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > We are all wrong, Button dosnt seem to have it together, but Alonso is
    > sitting there doing the job.

    Huh, looks like Schumy all the way *again*.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 15, 2004
  11. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    ~misfit~ said the following on 16/08/2004 00:52:

    > Collector wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ said the following on 15/08/2004 23:59:

    >>>Typo, Sato.
    >>>--
    >>>~misfit~
    >>>

    >>We are all wrong, Button dosnt seem to have it together, but Alonso is
    >>sitting there doing the job.

    > Huh, looks like Schumy all the way *again*.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Yeah I tend to forget about Schumy when he is out front, consider the
    race to be the people behind him.
    Looking to see who is going to be the next hard charger in F1 to take
    over from him when he retires

    Collector, Aug 15, 2004
  12. E. Scrooge

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector wrote:
    > ~misfit~ said the following on 16/08/2004 00:52:
    >>
    >> Huh, looks like Schumy all the way *again*.
    >>

    > Yeah I tend to forget about Schumy when he is out front, consider the
    > race to be the people behind him.
    > Looking to see who is going to be the next hard charger in F1 to take
    > over from him when he retires.

    Button looks a good, aggresive driver and is still young. I think Schumy is
    setting records that will probably never be beaten. Who would have thought
    that Juan Manuel Fangio's records would be beaten in a day and age where the
    teams and technology are so closely matched?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 15, 2004
  13. ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Collector wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ said the following on 16/08/2004 00:52:
    >>
    >>>Huh, looks like Schumy all the way *again*.
    >>>

    >>Yeah I tend to forget about Schumy when he is out front, consider the
    >>race to be the people behind him.
    >>Looking to see who is going to be the next hard charger in F1 to take
    >>over from him when he retires.

    > Button looks a good, aggresive driver and is still young. I think Schumy is
    > setting records that will probably never be beaten. Who would have thought
    > that Juan Manuel Fangio's records would be beaten in a day and age where the
    > teams and technology are so closely matched?

    errr, me.
    better tech and teams leads to better competition, and so they must try
    harder.
    try harder, more records(or machinery) gets broken.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 15, 2004
  14. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 16/08/2004 08:20:

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Collector wrote:

    >>> Yeah I tend to forget about Schumy when he is out front, consider the
    >>> race to be the people behind him.
    >>> Looking to see who is going to be the next hard charger in F1 to take
    >>> over from him when he retires.

    >> Button looks a good, aggresive driver and is still young. I think
    >> Schumy is
    >> setting records that will probably never be beaten. Who would have
    >> thought
    >> that Juan Manuel Fangio's records would be beaten in a day and age
    >> where the
    >> teams and technology are so closely matched?

    > errr, me.
    > better tech and teams leads to better competition, and so they must try
    > harder.
    > try harder, more records(or machinery) gets broken.

    The essence that is formula one is the limitations put on the teams to
    *slow* them down. They could go faster and as hard as the drivers could
    take, but the rules are designed to keep them back.

    Allonso, Button, Sato are the upcoming crew in my opinion, the driver
    shuffle could see one of them ending up in a team situation where they
    have a chance at doing more than chase Schummy round the track. I await
    the new seasons rules with interest.

    It is a pity to see Montoya and Rakainon not progressing as far as I had
    expect after last season.

    Collector, Aug 16, 2004
  15. E. Scrooge

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Collector wrote:

    >>> Yeah I tend to forget about Schumy when he is out front, consider
    >>> the race to be the people behind him.
    >>> Looking to see who is going to be the next hard charger in F1 to
    >>> take over from him when he retires.

    >> Button looks a good, aggresive driver and is still young. I think
    >> Schumy is setting records that will probably never be beaten. Who
    >> would have thought that Juan Manuel Fangio's records would be beaten
    >> in a day and age where the teams and technology are so closely
    >> matched?

    > errr, me.
    > better tech and teams leads to better competition, and so they must
    > try harder.
    > try harder, more records(or machinery) gets broken.

    As Collector said, the stringent rules that every team has to follow evens
    the playing field a lot more these days than it was back in JM Fangio's day.
    These days it's down to the driver far more than it was back then. For a
    driver to be as dominant as Schumy is in F1 in recent years, going back to
    his two world championships with Benetton, first with Ford engines, then
    with Renualt, ('94 and '95) is absolutely amazing. Some people think it's
    getting boring watching Schumy winning race after race lately but when you
    consider exactly what you are watching it's bloody amazing. Ok, Ferrari give
    him an excellent car (as did Benetton back then) but his team-mates, who get
    essentially the same equipment, don't achieve anywhere near the consistancy
    and excellence that he does. Also, pre-Schumy, Ferrari were having the worst
    run they've ever had in F1. They'd struggled to win races for a few years.
    They went from an almost also-ran team to unbeatable with the signing of
    Michael. You can say that Barrichello is also consistently doing well in a
    Ferrari but I feel that is in large part due to Michael's feedback to the
    tech team and constant inprovement of the cars resulting from that. A good
    driver brings more to a team than just his driving on race-day. Barrichello
    was average at best before he was teamed with Schumy.

    In Fangio's day the cars weren't so tightly controlled, there was more
    difference between them. Fangio was an excellent driver and won for
    Mercedes, Ferrari and Maserati but the general feeling was he had by far the
    best car each time. I just find it amazing that one driver can be so
    dominant in today's F1.

    A side-note; it's amazing how safe F1 is these days, in the first 20 years
    one driver in ten died on the track each year. Man you've gotta have balls
    to compete knowing those odds.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 16, 2004
  16. E. Scrooge

    GraB Guest

    >Allonso, Button, Sato are the upcoming crew in my opinion, the driver
    >shuffle could see one of them ending up in a team situation where they
    >have a chance at doing more than chase Schummy round the track. I await
    >the new seasons rules with interest.
    >
    >It is a pity to see Montoya and Rakainon not progressing as far as I had
    >expect after last season.

    I think the others are struggling on the hardware front. Look how
    competitive Coultard and Raikonon were with good cars under them, and
    now Button. Also the Williams drivers. If they were all driving
    Ferraris it would be interesting.

    GraB, Aug 16, 2004
  17. E. Scrooge

    GraB Guest

    For the first time in years I didn't stick around to watch the end of
    an F1 race. This Schumacher benefit is getting boring. It is like he
    is the only script writer.

    GraB, Aug 16, 2004
  18. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    GraB said the following on 16/08/2004 23:13:

    > For the first time in years I didn't stick around to watch the end of
    > an F1 race. This Schumacher benefit is getting boring. It is like he
    > is the only script writer.

    You didnt miss much, Hungery is either Very spectatcular or very boring
    eing such a tight track despite the changes to open it up more a couple
    of seasons ago.

    Just ignore Shummy, watch the next five places some very good battles in
    that range. I notice more and more the TV director is ignoring the red
    cars as well as they dont provide an audiance spectacle.

    Above aside, Schummy's best lap was almost 1:19 flat, an incredile drive!

    I watch it with the F1 website streaming live timing to my notebook at
    the same time, adds a bit more to the mix.

    Collector, Aug 16, 2004
  19. GraB wrote:
    > I think the others are struggling on the hardware front. Look how
    > competitive Coultard and Raikonon were with good cars under them, and
    > now Button. Also the Williams drivers. If they were all driving
    > Ferraris it would be interesting.

    I always wanted to swap the "brothers Shu" and see what happened.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 16, 2004
  20. E. Scrooge

    Collector Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 17/08/2004 09:58:

    > GraB wrote:
    >
    >> I think the others are struggling on the hardware front. Look how
    >> competitive Coultard and Raikonon were with good cars under them, and
    >> now Button. Also the Williams drivers. If they were all driving
    >> Ferraris it would be interesting.

    > I always wanted to swap the "brothers Shu" and see what happened.

    Ralph is up there but not there, he would do better but Schummy would be
    right back on top in the current ralph car albiet not so far out front
    though and he would be defending all the race.

    Gee now there is an idea for FIA reverse drivers; leave the cars on the
    qualifying grid and reverse the drivers eg car 1 gets driver from car 20
    can you imagine Bumgartner in Schummies car on pole, he would shit
    himself and still finish last after being lapped 5 times.

    Collector, Aug 17, 2004