    98 is easy as u can boot with dos

    any help would be great.

    cheers

    mattboyle, Oct 12, 2003

  2. mattboyle

    T.N.O. Guest

    "mattboyle" wrote
    > how does one format your hard drive when u are usinf win xp

    Chuck the XP cdrom in the drive, reboot, make sure your PC is set to "boot
    from CD" and it will go from there.

    T.N.O., Oct 12, 2003

  3. mattboyle

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "mattboyle" <> wrote in message
    > i got myself a nice virus that stops my nortons from working even if i
    > uninstall and reinstall.
    >
    > how does one format your hard drive when u are usinf win xp
    >
    > 98 is easy as u can boot with dos
    >
    > any help would be great.

    Make sure the boot order is set to boot from CD before HDD in the BIOS. Put
    the CD in the drive and reboot. Press a key when you see the message "Press
    any key to boot from CD".

    --
    Mr Scebe
    Losers always whine about their 'best'.

    Mr Scebe, Oct 12, 2003
  4. mattboyle

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:48:16 +1300, "mattboyle" <> wrote:

    >i got myself a nice virus that stops my nortons from working even if i
    >uninstall and reinstall.

    Swen? Download the removal tool.

    Invisible, Oct 12, 2003