    Thanks & Best Regards,
    Raj

    , Jan 1, 2006

  2. Noel Paton Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hey Hello,
    >
    > A very happy just arrived 2006 to all of you..
    >
    > I am having a question, hope somebody can help me.
    >
    > I got a Win2K server in my comp. I want to format the C partition where
    > Win2K resides and install WinXP. As WinXP cannot upgrade Win2K server
    > and I want to keep one OS only.
    >
    > Could you please tell me how to format my C partition only as my
    > harddisk having two more partitions, D: & E:. I want to keep them as
    > they are.
    >

    > Thanks & Best Regards,
    > Raj

    Insert the XP CD, and boot the PC - the installer will offer to format the
    drive for you

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Jan 1, 2006

  3. PJB Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hey Hello,
    >
    > A very happy just arrived 2006 to all of you..
    >
    > I am having a question, hope somebody can help me.
    >
    > I got a Win2K server in my comp. I want to format the C partition where
    > Win2K resides and install WinXP. As WinXP cannot upgrade Win2K server
    > and I want to keep one OS only.
    >
    > Could you please tell me how to format my C partition only as my
    > harddisk having two more partitions, D: & E:. I want to keep them as
    > they are.
    >

    > Thanks & Best Regards,
    > Raj

    insert your WinXP CDRom in the drive, and boot. You will be asked where you
    want it to install, and if you want to format ;-)

    P.

    PJB, Jan 1, 2006