Followup-Pix dynamic VPN question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Walter Roberson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4496b76b$>, Rob <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am having problem with our branch office. . They have PIX 501 and here

    we
    > >have PIX515. Last time when they lost VPN connection to our end, I told

    them
    > >to reboot 501 (remote PIX) but VPN didnt come back. They do dynamic VPN

    > >515 end. To me rebooting 501 should bring the VPN back on, since they
    > >initial VPN connection. I aksed a user to ping one of our machine here

    using
    > >private IP from her computer because I thought that should help but

    didnt,

    > That -should- have worked.
    >
    > >So finaly we had to telnet to 501 and do a ping inside in order to bring

    the
    > >VPN on.

    > >Is this normal? is there anyway to fix this issue?

    > Are you configured for isakmp identity address or for
    > isakmp identity hostname ? If you are configured for address then
    > it can take 20-30 minutes to be able to resume a connection after
    > the IP address changes.

    It is configured for IP:
    On remote 501 I have:

    isakmp enable outside
    isakmp key ********* address 515-IP netmask 255.255.255.255
    isakmp identity address

    On 515:
    isakmp key ******** address 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 no-xauth no-config-mode
    isakmp identity address

    The IP has not be changed, just we had a power failure on remote site (501)
    and then even we rebotted PIX a couple of times or ping from a worksatation
    didnt bring the VPN back up (Internet was up).
    Any idea?
    Thanks-Rob

    Rob, Jun 20, 2006