    continue evaluating

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012

  2. On 3/30/2012 3:00 PM, philo wrote:
    > Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
    > dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
    > continue evaluating

    Can you bring the facial hair into focus since it seemed somewhat out on
    the otherwise satisfactory 300% enlargement with Irfanview?

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
    James Silverton, Mar 30, 2012

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 03:30 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012-03-30 15:00 , philo wrote:
    >> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
    >> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
    >> continue evaluating

    > Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!

    OK here is the first one...

    I will try to come up with more with a very wide range

    https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67929

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  4. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 02:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-03-30 12:00:37 -0700, philo <> said:
    >
    >> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has
    >> a dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and
    >> can continue evaluating

    > OK!
    > I would suggest going to OWC for a battery, I have got replacements from
    > them for both a MacBook G3 and a PowerBook Pro G4. I usually go to them
    > for many things Mac.
    > < http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Apple/Laptop/Batteries >

    OK I am sure I will want to get a battery but it's not high priority.
    I got the Mac just to run the Lytro software

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 02:14 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 3/30/2012 3:00 PM, philo wrote:
    >> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
    >> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
    >> continue evaluating
    >>

    > Can you bring the facial hair into focus since it seemed somewhat out on
    > the otherwise satisfactory 300% enlargement with Irfanview?

    I just posted a link to a living image, you can play with the focus there

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  6. On 3/30/2012 5:26 PM, philo wrote:
    > On 03/30/2012 03:30 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    >> On 2012-03-30 15:00 , philo wrote:
    >>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
    >>> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
    >>> continue evaluating

    >> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
    >>

    > OK here is the first one...
    >
    > I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
    >

    > https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67929

    Looks pretty good but is your mustache in focus?

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
    James Silverton, Mar 30, 2012
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 04:31 PM, philo wrote:
    > On 03/30/2012 02:14 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    >> On 3/30/2012 3:00 PM, philo wrote:
    >>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
    >>> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
    >>> continue evaluating
    >>>

    >> Can you bring the facial hair into focus since it seemed somewhat out on
    >> the otherwise satisfactory 300% enlargement with Irfanview?
    >>

    > I just posted a link to a living image, you can play with the focus there

    here is another I just uploaded

    https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67941

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  8. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 04:32 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 3/30/2012 5:26 PM, philo wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
    >>>

    >> OK here is the first one...
    >>
    >> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
    >>

    >> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67929
    >>

    > Looks pretty good but is your mustache in focus?

    Even though I am bald, my hair is a mess. Possible nothing could focus
    on me :)

    This link should be good for viewing my album. I will post more as I get
    the time

    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  9. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 04:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-03-30 14:26:55 -0700, philo <> said:

    >>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
    >>>

    >> OK here is the first one...
    >>
    >> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
    >>

    >> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67929

    > It Works!

    yes it really does.

    Considering how much I was earning when I purchased my Pentax in 1971

    The Lytro *and* the used Mac I purchased were about half of the relative
    price.

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 05:19 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012-03-30 17:26 , philo wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
    >>>

    >> OK here is the first one...
    >>
    >> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
    >>

    >> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67929

    > Well ... it works. But I look forward to a deeper focus range.

    OK

    will get to it later...I just got home from work and need to relax now

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 30, 2012
  11. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/30/2012 05:21 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012-03-30 17:47 , philo wrote:

    >>> I just posted a link to a living image, you can play with the focus
    >>> there

    >> here is another I just uploaded
    >>

    >> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67941

    > Harder to get that one to focus out far - seems to select the raindrops
    > on the windshield. Neat effect though.

    Yes, due to the rain and the windshield the focus on the buildings was
    not that great...the photo was mostly for demonstration purposes

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 31, 2012
  12. On 3/30/2012 11:26 PM, philo wrote:
    > On 03/30/2012 05:21 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

    >>> here is another I just uploaded
    >>>

    >>> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284/pictures/67941

    >> Harder to get that one to focus out far - seems to select the raindrops
    >> on the windshield. Neat effect though.
    >>

    > Yes, due to the rain and the windshield the focus on the buildings was
    > not that great...the photo was mostly for demonstration purposes

    I find the same problem but I think it's neat too. You've got me looking
    carefully at my bank account :) Perhaps, not yet tho'.

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
    James Silverton, Mar 31, 2012
  13. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/31/2012 07:57 AM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 3/30/2012 11:26 PM, philo wrote:

    >> Yes, due to the rain and the windshield the focus on the buildings was
    >> not that great...the photo was mostly for demonstration purposes
    >>

    > I find the same problem but I think it's neat too. You've got me looking
    > carefully at my bank account :) Perhaps, not yet tho'.

    Hey...start saving now

    I bet that in a year the camera will only get better and cheaper.

    As I may have mentioned here with the money I saved by not buying a new
    refrigerator I had plenty of money left over for the Lytro.

    My wife is not too happy about the magnets I've taped to the top of the
    refrigerator to hold the doors closed...but what the heck.
    She does like the Lytro!

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686
    philo, Mar 31, 2012