    have on my hard drive.

    Thanks for the help.

    , Jul 25, 2007

  2. Bob Guest

    sixstring_67 wrote:
    > As updated on my previous post AVG is no longer finding any trojans.
    > However, I did notice something strange.
    >
    > When I did a complete scan test 3 days ago AVG was finding 119,000
    > objects. However, when I do a complete scan test now, AVG is only
    > finding 69,000 objects.
    >
    > Plus it appears that my free drive space went from 4 gigs to over
    > 10gigs.
    >
    > Do you think the Generic5.BZD trojan trashed some of my files? Right
    > now, I don't seem to have lost anything that I know of.
    >
    > Or do you think the trojan is still on my system and playing around
    > with the number of objects on my system and the amount of free space I
    > have on my hard drive.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    Have you disabled the always useless System Restore at any point ?

    --
    http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/occam.html

    Bob, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Jul 24, 11:30 pm, Bob <> wrote:
    > sixstring_67 wrote:
    > > As updated on my previous post AVG is no longer finding any trojans.
    > > However, I did notice something strange.

    > > When I did a complete scan test 3 days ago AVG was finding 119,000
    > > objects. However, when I do a complete scan test now, AVG is only
    > > finding 69,000 objects.

    > > Plus it appears that my free drive space went from 4 gigs to over
    > > 10gigs.

    > > Do you think the Generic5.BZD trojan trashed some of my files? Right
    > > now, I don't seem to have lost anything that I know of.

    > > Or do you think the trojan is still on my system and playing around
    > > with the number of objects on my system and the amount of free space I
    > > have on my hard drive.

    > > Thanks for the help.

    > Have you disabled the always useless System Restore at any point ?
    >
    > --http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/occam.html- Hide quoted text -

    Aha...you are on to something. I did shut down System Restore to get
    rid of the trojan. But after a re-boot I turned it on again.

    Please explain how this affects what I'm seeing now. Thanks.

    , Jul 25, 2007
  4. Mara Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 03:48:24 -0700, wrote:

    >On Jul 24, 11:30 pm, Bob <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Have you disabled the always useless System Restore at any point ?
    >>
    >> --http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/occam.html- Hide quoted text -

    >Aha...you are on to something. I did shut down System Restore to get
    >rid of the trojan. But after a re-boot I turned it on again.
    >
    >Please explain how this affects what I'm seeing now. Thanks.

    You may have dumped a bunch of restore points, which might account for it. But
    if I were you, I'd be heading over to kaspersky.com and running a system scan to
    see what AVG missed.

    --
    "Let's face it, the average computer user has the brain of a Spider Monkey."
    --Bill Gates, about his customers

    Mara, Jul 25, 2007
  5. Bob Guest

    sixstring_67 wrote:
    > On Jul 24, 11:30 pm, Bob <> wrote:
    >> sixstring_67 wrote:

    >> Have you disabled the always useless System Restore at any point ?
    >>

    > Aha...you are on to something. I did shut down System Restore to get
    > rid of the trojan. But after a re-boot I turned it on again.
    >
    > Please explain how this affects what I'm seeing now. Thanks.

    Restore points were deleted when you disabled SR, therefore you
    recovered disk space.

    Leave SR disabled then try an online AV scan or two.

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml
    http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

    Bob, Jul 25, 2007