Folders search instead of open?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Motzarella, May 22, 2009.

  1. Motzarella

    Motzarella Guest

    Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D: for
    data/archive

    2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said he just
    clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already open. My guess
    is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few times!!

    1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of simply
    opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all was working
    'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a folder to see files
    normally. Left clicking brings up the search window, this is for every
    folder.including Windows, indeed anything past C: ......

    2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names. When you
    click properties the proper names are there, they just don't show up in the
    folder view. Not all folders do this and it's mainly media (picture and
    video) folders.

    Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

    --
    Greasy

    Motzarella, May 22, 2009

  2. Motzarella

    Motzarella Guest

    Motzarella <> said in
    gv5nn1$6ld$-september.org
    > Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D:
    > for data/archive
    >
    > 2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said
    > he just clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already
    > open. My guess is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few
    > times!!
    > 1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of
    > simply opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all
    > was working 'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a
    > folder to see files normally. Left clicking brings up the search
    > window, this is for every folder.including Windows, indeed anything
    > past C: ......
    > 2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names. When
    > you click properties the proper names are there, they just don't
    > show up in the folder view. Not all folders do this and it's mainly
    > media (picture and video) folders.
    >
    > Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

    I know it's bad form but I googled and the fix for 1. also seems to have
    fixed 2. :)

    Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    Google's great.............................. :)

    --
    Greasy

    Motzarella, May 22, 2009

  3. Motzarella

    John Holmes Guest

    Motzarella "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Motzarella <> said in
    > gv5nn1$6ld$-september.org
    >> Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D:
    >> for data/archive
    >>
    >> 2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said
    >> he just clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already
    >> open. My guess is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few
    >> times!!
    >> 1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of
    >> simply opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all
    >> was working 'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a
    >> folder to see files normally. Left clicking brings up the search
    >> window, this is for every folder.including Windows, indeed anything
    >> past C: ......
    >> 2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names.

    When
    >> you click properties the proper names are there, they just don't
    >> show up in the folder view. Not all folders do this and it's mainly
    >> media (picture and video) folders.
    >>
    >> Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

    > I know it's bad form but I googled and the fix for 1. also seems to

    have
    > fixed 2. :)
    >
    > Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
    > regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    >
    > Google's great.............................. :)

    Next time, do a go ogle search /before/ you start asking.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, May 22, 2009
  4. Motzarella

    Guest

    "Motzarella" <> wrote:

    >Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
    >regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    Or gone into explorer / View / explorer bar / folders.

    But that would of taken time, you know, to look around at what's in
    front of you.
    --

    Unusual and awesome view of Saturn
    http://tinyurl.com/r9fqxb

    , May 22, 2009
  5. Motzarella

    Motzarella Guest

    John Holmes <> said in

    > Motzarella "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Motzarella <> said in
    >> gv5nn1$6ld$-september.org
    >>> Windows XP Home, 1g ram, two hard drives 100g C: for system, 250g D:
    >>> for data/archive
    >>>
    >>> 2 Issues, on my sns computer, but he doesn't know what he did, said
    >>> he just clicked a few files fast ..... with about 50 or so already
    >>> open. My guess is he got angry and hit the keyboard and mouse a few
    >>> times!!
    >>> 1. Since yesterday the computer opens folders as a search instead of
    >>> simply opening the folder to see the files within. Day before all
    >>> was working 'normally'. You are able to right click and 'open' a
    >>> folder to see files normally. Left clicking brings up the search
    >>> window, this is for every folder.including Windows, indeed anything
    >>> past C: ......
    >>> 2. Since yesterday some folders are also showing up without names.
    >>> When you click properties the proper names are there, they just
    >>> don't show up in the folder view. Not all folders do this and it's
    >>> mainly media (picture and video) folders.
    >>>
    >>> Be grateful for any help to restore the views correctly.

    >> I know it's bad form but I googled and the fix for 1. also seems to
    >> have fixed 2. :)
    >>
    >> Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
    >> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    >>
    >> Google's great.............................. :)
    >>

    > Next time, do a go ogle search /before/ you start asking.

    Be easier to do a google search ...

    --
    Greasy

    Motzarella, May 27, 2009
  6. Motzarella

    Motzarella Guest

    <> said in

    > "Motzarella" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Basically Start, Run then paste the following and click OK
    >> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    > Or gone into explorer / View / explorer bar / folders.
    >
    > But that would of taken time, you know, to look around at what's in
    > front of you.

    Which hadn't worked ...

    --
    Greasy