    When I open a folder my files are in both Black and Blue.How do
    I correct this,and get back to one colour?
    Running XP home.
    shepro, Jun 30, 2004

  2. shepro

    Patrick Guest

    shepro wrote:
    > When I open a folder my files are in both Black and Blue.How do
    > I correct this,and get back to one colour?
    > Running XP home.

    'Blue filenames' indicates that the files have been compressed
    Patrick, Jun 30, 2004

  3. shepro

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > shepro wrote:
    >> When I open a folder my files are in both Black and Blue.How do
    >> I correct this,and get back to one colour?
    >> Running XP home.

    > 'Blue filenames' indicates that the files have been compressed

    To 'directly answer your question!
    (and if you really want to do as you say)
    Goto;
    Download, install and Run 'Tweak UI'
    In the program, click '+' against 'Explorer'
    Click 'Colors'

    Note; 'Tweak UI' may well be worth haveing anyway.
    Patrick, Jun 30, 2004
  4. shepro

    ~S~ Guest

    likely u have that feature on in xp which colours ntfs files, look it up and
    turn it off.

    I seem to recall the question came up when I did a fresh install recently or
    possibly in tweakui
    ~S~, Jun 30, 2004