Folder View

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Another, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Another

    Another Guest

    Using Windows XP SP2.

    I the use windows classic view with the view details options set. My
    system is configured so that the folders I have open are restored when I
    restart. I have two questions.

    1. When my computer reboots, the settings for view details is lost and
    set to view thumbnails. How do I prevent this from happening?

    2. In some folders instead of just displaying a list of files with their
    name, type, etc., the display groups the files together with a heading
    with an underline like the following.

    Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document
    --------------------------
    document1.pdf nnKB ...
    document2.pdf nnKB ...

    Application
    ---------------------------
    program1.exe nnKB ...
    program2.exe nnKB ...

    How do I get rid of the headings "Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document" and
    "Application". My system at random it seems displays folders with the
    headings. What I want is.

    document1.pdf nnKB ...
    document2.pdf nnKB ...
    program1.exe nnKB ...
    program2.exe nnKB ...

    I do not see the option to control this under Control Panel -> Folder
    Options.

    Another, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Another

    meerkat Guest

    "Another" <.> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > I the use windows classic view with the view details options set. My
    > system is configured so that the folders I have open are restored when I
    > restart. I have two questions.
    >
    > 1. When my computer reboots, the settings for view details is lost and set
    > to view thumbnails. How do I prevent this from happening?
    >
    > 2. In some folders instead of just displaying a list of files with their
    > name, type, etc., the display groups the files together with a heading
    > with an underline like the following.
    >
    > Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document
    > --------------------------
    > document1.pdf nnKB ...
    > document2.pdf nnKB ...
    >
    > Application
    > ---------------------------
    > program1.exe nnKB ...
    > program2.exe nnKB ...
    >
    > How do I get rid of the headings "Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document" and
    > "Application". My system at random it seems displays folders with the
    > headings. What I want is.
    >
    > document1.pdf nnKB ...
    > document2.pdf nnKB ...
    > program1.exe nnKB ...
    > program2.exe nnKB ...
    >
    > I do not see the option to control this under Control Panel -> Folder
    > Options.

    Apply Windows classic folders, in Folder Options.

    meerkat, Aug 30, 2007

  3. Another

    Another Guest

    meerkat wrote:
    > "Another" <.> wrote in message
    >> Using Windows XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I the use windows classic view with the view details options set. My

    <snip>
    > Apply Windows classic folders, in Folder Options.

    I do as stated.

    Another, Aug 30, 2007