    Am I doing something wrong ? Is this standard with USB drives ? I'm using
    Windows XPSP2

    Jamie

    Jamie Anderson, May 10, 2007

  2. Jamie Anderson

    Guest

    "Jamie Anderson" <> wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I have an external USB drive containing about 10 folders with about 20 files in
    >each folder. When I open a folder in My Computer, it always defaults to the
    >Icons view. I change the view to Details view but it never stays set.
    >
    >I have tired every setting I can think of to keep the folders to "Details" but
    >no joy.
    >
    >Am I doing something wrong ? Is this standard with USB drives ? I'm using
    >Windows XPSP2

    Just use explorer, WinKey+E, or an Icon shortcut

    --
    Bette Davis Eyes
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-RdAzkKlXY

    , May 10, 2007

  3. Jamie Anderson

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Jamie Anderson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have an external USB drive containing about 10 folders with about 20
    > files in each folder. When I open a folder in My Computer, it always
    > defaults to the Icons view. I change the view to Details view but it never
    > stays set.
    >
    > I have tired every setting I can think of to keep the folders to "Details"
    > but no joy.

    And that would be??

    WhzzKdd, May 10, 2007
  4. In message <UFJ0i.16$>,
    WhzzKdd <frack_this@email_is.invalid> writes:
    > "Jamie Anderson" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have an external USB drive containing about 10 folders with about
    >> 20 files in each folder. When I open a folder in My Computer, it
    >> always defaults to the Icons view. I change the view to Details view
    >> but it never stays set.
    >>
    >> I have tired every setting I can think of to keep the folders to
    >> "Details" but no joy.
    >>

    > And that would be??

    What did I try ? Well I went into Folder Options and checked the 'Remember each
    folder's settings' box. Also tried an Icon shortcut.

    Do you actually have a solution ?

    Jamie Anderson, May 10, 2007
  5. Jamie Anderson

    > In message <UFJ0i.16$>,
    > WhzzKdd <frack_this@email_is.invalid> writes:
    >> "Jamie Anderson" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have an external USB drive containing about 10 folders with about
    >>> 20 files in each folder. When I open a folder in My Computer, it
    >>> always defaults to the Icons view. I change the view to Details view
    >>> but it never stays set.
    >>>
    >>> I have tired every setting I can think of to keep the folders to
    >>> "Details" but no joy.
    >>>

    >> And that would be??

    > What did I try ? Well I went into Folder Options and checked the 'Remember
    > each folder's settings' box. Also tried an Icon shortcut.
    >
    > Do you actually have a solution ?

    Maybe not, but I wasn't going to try guessing what you did or did not do.

    Each folder could have a hidden file called "desktop.ini". Do you have your
    folder view set to show hidden files? If so, you should see that - delete
    it. If not, turn on the view hidden files option. Then make your folder look
    the way you want it, and close the folder by pressing alt-shift-F4 at the
    same time. (That's an old "save settings and close" keyboard shortcut, which
    might work.)

    WhzzKdd, May 11, 2007
  6. Jamie Anderson

    zmagic98

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Indiana
    Not Working

    I have used all of this, but it is not working for me. Here's my specifications:
    --Windows XP SP3 running in Virtualbox VM on Windows 7
    --The "My Documents" on the desktop is routed to my 4GB PNY jump drive
    --Whenever I open the jump drive through the routed "My Documents" OR >My Computer>USB (E:) it displays as Tiles view but I want Details view
    Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    zmagic98, Jan 22, 2012