    I click to view " as moderated" but each time I return to the folder the
    files are arranged by name again . and I have to go through the above
    process again..any answers to this please?
    Gravydownshirt, May 17, 2004

  2. Gravydownshirt

    °Mike° Guest

    Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
    Tools / Folder Options / View
    Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
    is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:43:43 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c8ac1v$i65$>
    Gravydownshirt scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 17, 2004

  3. Thank you..I will try this...

    Gravydownshirt, May 17, 2004
  4. Gravydownshirt

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:16:33 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c8ahg1$iv0$>
    Gravydownshirt scrawled:

    >Thank you..I will try this...
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
    >> Tools / Folder Options / View
    >> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
    >> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 17, 2004
  5. Gravydownshirt

    John Guest

    In article <>, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    > Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
    > Tools / Folder Options / View
    > Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
    > is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

    Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
    folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
    It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?
    John, May 17, 2004
  6. Gravydownshirt

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:39:47 GMT, in
    <170520041539465188%>
    John scrawled:

    >In article <>, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
    >> Tools / Folder Options / View
    >> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
    >> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

    >Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
    >folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
    >It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?

    It's not ambiguous at all; it is quite clear:

    °Mike°, May 18, 2004
  7. Gravydownshirt

    John Guest

    In article <>, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    > >> Arrange the folder as you want it, then go to:
    > >> Tools / Folder Options / View
    > >> Make sure 'Remember each folder's view settings'
    > >> is checked, then press 'Apply to all folders'.

    > >Does that last 'Apply' part refer to 'remember the setting for each
    > >folder' or 'apply this view to each folder?
    > >It's ambiguous; maybe it makes more sense in the dialog?

    > It's not ambiguous at all; it is quite clear:
    > "then press 'Apply to all folders'.

    This isn't very important, but I can explain myself:
    I understand what it says. What it says could mean more than one thing.
    Specifically: if he is changing the view of a folder,
    then the check box 'remember each folder's view settings' is in logical
    conflict with 'apply this view setting to all folders'.

    So does choosing that apply the new view setting to all folders, and
    ignore the previous view setting, or apply the new view only to folders
    without a stored view setting, or apply this new view to all folders
    but store the previous view as a secondary choice?
    And if these settings are chosen, but the Apply button is not clicked,
    what happens? Nothing? or does it change the view, but only
    temporarily?
    John, May 24, 2004
  8. Gravydownshirt

    Hiker Guest

    One odd peculiarity with Win XP (at least on network version I've been
    using) is that the view settings cascade down, but not up. You have to be
    at My Computer or C:\ to make it work on all folders.

    BTW, the "remember each folder's view settings" is for those who maybe
    prefer to see certain folders with icons instead of list format or to see
    details on some folders but not on others. If you really want to "apply to
    all folders" this must be unchecked, or the change will not appear to work.

    Hiker, May 29, 2004
  9. Gravydownshirt

    faster Guest

    RE : Memory

    Date 29/05/2004

    For sale 2 X 512 MB NEW SAMSUNG PC 2700 DDR SDRAM = 1024 MB Matched Samsung
    CL2.5

    Contact Peter in Albany Western Australia on 0407994349

    PRICE IS $240 Postage Paid and insured to any where in Australia.
    International extra. depending on destination.

    Double ordered for server selling at cost.

    faster, May 29, 2004