    Win XP Pro

    How do I password a folder?
    I do not wish to zip it but that seems to be the only way.

    farmhand, Aug 27, 2003

  2. farmhand

    Liz Guest

    "farmhand" <> wrote
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > How do I password a folder?
    > I do not wish to zip it but that seems to be the only way.

    You can use the file & folder permissions to control access.
    However, make folder private option requires the NTFS file system.

    Double-click My Computer, go to Tools> Folder Options>
    View> Uncheck Use simple file sharing.

    Then go to your Folder Properties, click the Sharing tab,
    select the Make this folder private so that only I have access to it
    check box> click Apply and OK .

    How to: Disable Simplified Sharing and Password-Protect a
    Shared Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307874

    Liz, Aug 28, 2003

  3. farmhand