    might I have lost by rem'ng the line below?

    c:\config.sys
    rem DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDROM\OAKCDROM.SYS /D:CD1

    Borg Di Milos, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Borg Di Milos

    Bigwheel Guest

    Only your CD-ROM device driver. Does the system still recognise your CD?

    Bigwheel, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Borg Di Milos

    °Mike° Guest

    That line is ONLY needed for CD support in
    read DOS (not a DOS window), so unless
    you use your CD in DOS, it is not needed.
    Note that it also has a corresponding entry
    in autoexec.bat (find the line referencing
    MSCDEX.EXE and REM it out, too).

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:21:12 GMT, in
    <>
    Borg Di Milos scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Borg Di Milos

    Pennywise Guest

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:21:12 GMT, (Borg Di Milos)
    wrote:

    |>I was having problems deleting a folder named CD1 and found a
    |>solution with a Google search which was to rem a line in the
    |>config.sys. Was able to get rid of the unwanted folder but what
    |>might I have lost by rem'ng the line below?
    |>
    |>c:\config.sys
    |>rem DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDROM\OAKCDROM.SYS /D:CD1

    Nothing Win98 takes care of your CD, and should of Rem'd the line on
    install.

    This line is only important in config.dos

    Pennywise, Aug 1, 2004