    Andy Petro Guest

    I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control panel
    but how can I find out the extensions.

    Andy Petro, Jul 24, 2009

  2. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:41:29 -0400, "Andy Petro"
    <> wrote:

    >I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control panel
    >but how can I find out the extensions.

    Assuming you're using some version of Windows, Open Windows Explorer,
    go to Tools, Folder Options, File types.

    If you mean something else, expand upon your question.

    Although, I'm betting in about 24 hours you'll ask the same exact
    question again.

    Evan Platt, Jul 24, 2009

  3. Andy Petro

    alan Guest

    "Andy Petro" <> wrote in message
    >I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control panel
    >but how can I find out the extensions.

    Have no idea what you're referring to when you say you're "being asked to
    create an association in folder options", but if you want to know the
    extensions of your files:
    Control Panel > Folder Options > View:
    *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

    alan, Jul 24, 2009
  4. alan wrote:

    > *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

    And the default is one of the most stupid Microsoft tricks ever.

    "naked_babe.jpg .exe"

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 24, 2009
  5. Andy Petro

    PeeCee Guest

    > alan wrote:
    >
    >> *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

    > And the default is one of the most stupid Microsoft tricks ever.

    Amen to that.
    Stoooooooopid default to hide extensions, but then it is M$

    P.

    PeeCee, Jul 24, 2009
  6. alan, ye decaying jackanape, I desire that we be better strangers, ye
    perspired:

    > "Andy Petro" <> wrote in message
    >> I keep being asked to create an association in folder options
    >> control panel but how can I find out the extensions.

    > Have no idea what you're referring to when you say you're "being
    > asked to create an association in folder options", but if you want to
    > know the extensions of your files:
    > Control Panel > Folder Options > View:
    > *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

    You utterly fuckwitted nincompoop.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 24, 2009
  7. Andy Petro

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:41:29 -0400, Andy Petro wrote:

    > I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control
    > panel but how can I find out the extensions.

    42.

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, Jul 24, 2009
  8. PeeCee <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h4bkfh$9fn$>:

    >"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    message
    >> alan wrote:
    >>
    >>> *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

    >> And the default is one of the most stupid Microsoft tricks ever.

    >Amen to that.
    >Stoooooooopid default to hide extensions, but then it is M$
    >
    >P.

    You have to delete a couple of keys in the registry if you want to see
    the full extension.
    g00gle "scraps object" for some interesting reading sometime.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 24, 2009
  9. In article <h4gngi$fbf$>, "Jesus" <>
    wrote:

    > YES I DO MY SON !!

    You do your son?

    Walter Bushell, Jul 26, 2009
  10. Andy Petro

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    Walter Bushell spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

    > In article <h4gngi$fbf$>, "Jesus" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> YES I DO MY SON !!

    > You do your son?