    I am running Windows XP 2000 sp2.

    Thanks for your help...
    Tim

    Tim, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Tim

    Trax Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote:

    |>Trying to get rid of a nasty malware I followed instructions from Norton
    |>Antivirus. I had to temporarily "turn off system restore on all drives", at
    |>that time I had the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder open on the desktop, now
    |>every time I boot up the folder is still there. After the Norton fix failed
    |>I eventually had to boot up on a CD and delete a .dll that was in that
    |>folder to get rid of the problem. I have tried everything I can think of to
    |>get that folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32) to be closed when I start but it still
    |>comes up every time. Anyone know what I should do to fix this?
    |>
    |>I am running Windows XP 2000 sp2.
    |>
    |>Thanks for your help...
    |>Tim

    Go into each
    "Documents and Settings\XXXX\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    directory and look for something that would do this.

    Also Start | Run <type in> msconfig <enter> and see what's listed.

    --
    http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/

    Trax, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Tim

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in news:newscache$cr7sui$r3i$:

    > Trying to get rid of a nasty malware I followed instructions from
    > Norton Antivirus. I had to temporarily "turn off system restore on
    > all drives", at that time I had the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder open on
    > the desktop, now every time I boot up the folder is still there.
    > After the Norton fix failed I eventually had to boot up on a CD and
    > delete a .dll that was in that folder to get rid of the problem. I
    > have tried everything I can think of to get that folder
    > (C:\WINDOWS\system32) to be closed when I start but it still comes up
    > every time. Anyone know what I should do to fix this?
    >
    > I am running Windows XP 2000 sp2.

    Do you mean XP SP2?
    Kelly has a tweak for System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_system32opens.vbs

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 16, 2006