    copy/backup particular folders/files from a hard drive to a network
    drive as soon as they change, or soon after, automatically.

    TIA

    darkknight, Feb 10, 2007

  2. Nathan Mercer, Feb 10, 2007

  3. darkknight

    Rob S Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > On Feb 9, 4:24 pm, darkknight <> wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a folder mirroring utility for Win XP. I want to
    >> copy/backup particular folders/files from a hard drive to a network
    >> drive as soon as they change, or soon after, automatically.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Try Synctoy
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx

    or Syncback. http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html#freeware
    The free version is brilliant and more than powerful enough for home usage.

    --

    Rob
    http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

    Rob S, Feb 10, 2007
  4. darkknight

    darkknight Guest

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:47:05 +1300, Rob S <Here@home> wrote:

    >Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >> On Feb 9, 4:24 pm, darkknight <> wrote:
    >>> Can anyone recommend a folder mirroring utility for Win XP. I want to
    >>> copy/backup particular folders/files from a hard drive to a network
    >>> drive as soon as they change, or soon after, automatically.
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Try Synctoy
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx
    >>

    >or Syncback. http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html#freeware
    >The free version is brilliant and more than powerful enough for home usage.

    Neither SyncToy nor SyncBackup provide immediate automatic backup.
    Thanks though.

    darkknight, Feb 10, 2007
  5. darkknight

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, darkknight.21
    @gmail.com says...
    > On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:47:05 +1300, Rob S <Here@home> wrote:
    >
    > >Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > >> Try Synctoy
    > >>
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx
    > >>

    > >or Syncback. http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html#freeware
    > >The free version is brilliant and more than powerful enough for home usage.

    > Neither SyncToy nor SyncBackup provide immediate automatic backup.
    > Thanks though.

    You could script up something pretty quick.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Feb 10, 2007
  6. darkknight

    -=rjh=- Guest

    -=rjh=-, Feb 10, 2007
  7. darkknight

    Blue Guest

    http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/cobianbackup.htm

    Blue, Feb 10, 2007
  8. darkknight

    Trev Guest

    On 10 Feb, 21:30, -=rjh=- <> wrote:
    > darkknight wrote:
    > > Can anyone recommend a folder mirroring utility for WinXP. I want to
    > > copy/backupparticular folders/files from a hard drive to a network
    > > drive as soon as they change, or soon after, automatically.

    > > TIA

    > rsync in one of the Windows wrappers:
    >
    > http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/...pp/DeltaCopy.jsphttp://www.itefix.no/cwrsync/

    Hi

    Maybe of some use vbs backup script

    Have a look here http://www.dustan.co.uk use the address bar at the
    top as i have not indexed this in google yet

    Trevor

    Trev, Mar 9, 2007
  9. darkknight

    Stu Fleming Guest