    Many Thanks

    Gunjani
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Gunjani, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Gunjani

    Harrison Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:14:10 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani
    <> wrote:

    >Found a Trojan Virus in a C:program Files\Internet Optimizer.
    >
    >I've cleared the virus but does anyone know what this Internet Optimizer
    >folder is because I don't recall installing it.
    >I have Win XP.

    Spyware/Adware

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The third one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.
    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Gunjani

    Boomer Guest

    Gunjani, <> wrote:

    > Found a Trojan Virus in a C:program Files\Internet Optimizer.
    >
    > I've cleared the virus but does anyone know what this Internet
    > Optimizer folder is because I don't recall installing it.
    > I have Win XP.

    Hi

    Have you looked in the folder? Maybe search your Help file?

    Did you get an 'optimizer' with your ISP or browser?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
    1&q=what+is+Internet+Optimizer
    Boomer, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Gunjani

    trout Guest

    Gunjani wrote:

    > Found a Trojan Virus in a C:program Files\Internet Optimizer.
    >
    > I've cleared the virus but does anyone know what this Internet
    > Optimizer folder is because I don't recall installing it.
    > I have Win XP.

    Possibly, someone clicked on one of those annoying pop-ups that ask
    "Is your Internet connection optimized?".
    --
    "Maybe by accident, when clicking a fake "close" button on the ad."
    trout, Jan 30, 2004