    permissions. on the folder level alone i'm assinging the deny permissions to
    full control, read, and change, but i'm still able to write to the folder
    from my other networked pc. am i doing something wrong?

    John Smith, Mar 11, 2006

  2. John Smith

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: John Smith assaulted us with:
    > I've been on microsoft's site and read a couple of KB's regarding
    > folder/file permissions. Share level folder permissions are supposed
    > to be combined with NTFS file permissions in order to apply the most
    > restrictive permissions. on the folder level alone i'm assinging the
    > deny permissions to full control, read, and change, but i'm still
    > able to write to the folder from my other networked pc. am i doing
    > something wrong?

    Are you logging in with the same account you denied access?
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2

    LRM, Mar 11, 2006

  3. **John Smith's** said this while I was at home:
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > I've been on microsoft's site and read a couple of KB's regarding
    > folder/file permissions. Share level folder permissions are supposed
    > to be combined with NTFS file permissions in order to apply the most
    > restrictive permissions. on the folder level alone i'm assinging the
    > deny permissions to full control, read, and change, but i'm still
    > able to write to the folder from my other networked pc. am i doing
    > something wrong?

    What OS are you running? For this, I'll assume you're running XP Pro. You
    can check the *effective* permissions to see if the permissions you set have
    taken affect. On the Security Tab, Click Advanced, then Click Effective
    Permissions.

    Are you logging in as a regular user, and not a user with full control.
    Groups or users that are granted Full Control permissions for a folder may
    delete files and subfolders in that folder, regardless of the permissions
    that protect the files and subfolders.

    Also, are you setting the Share Permissions or the Security Permissions?
    Their effects are different.
    --
    Bigus Di©kus

    Bigus Di©kus, Mar 11, 2006