    have a network set up, I have a desktop Pc and a wireless laptop, with a
    wireless router. I have set up file sharing but not sure how I actually
    access the folder from my other computer.
    =?Utf-8?B?VEo=?=, Feb 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VEo=?=

    Malke Guest

    TJ wrote:

    > How do you actually access files on a home network form another
    > computer. I have a network set up, I have a desktop Pc and a wireless
    > laptop, with a wireless router. I have set up file sharing but not
    > sure how I actually access the folder from my other computer.

    Use My Network Places to find shared resources or use Search For
    Computers On the Network to find shared resources and make shortcuts to
    them on your desktop. I find Network Places to be hinky and prefer
    making a folder called "Network" and putting shortcuts to the shares in
    there instead.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Feb 9, 2006

  3. When I go to network places it only shows the folder that I want to share on
    my computer....for example. I am on my desktop pc right now. when I go to my
    network places...it shows the folder on this computer that I want to share
    but not any folders on my laptop that i picked to share.

    The same thing goes for my laptop.

    =?Utf-8?B?VEo=?=, Feb 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VEo=?=

    Mike G Guest

    How about trying "View workgroup computers' whilst there!

    Mike G, Feb 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VEo=?=

    Webbie Guest

    Webbie, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Make sure that all of them are in the same workgroup. Or else you can use
    "net use" to share the folders. And obviously, then there is the firewall
    issue. Most firewall configuration allows you to pick individual or range of
    IP addresses which you will like to allow connections from. For private
    networking it should be 192.168.x.x Make sure that all the computer that you
    want to share folders from are included in this list of IPs.

    Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVlcmFq?=, Feb 12, 2006