    "Topper" e.g. underneath?

    Thank you for your advice.

    John

    John, Apr 30, 2007

  2. John

    Guest

    John <dmx819@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Overheard in a soft furnishing shop...
    >"Don't use a foam topper underneath an
    >electric blanket."
    >
    >A fairly obvious comment if it relates to
    >losing the softening effect of the "Topper,"
    >but does it also mean that an electric blanket
    >should not be used at all in contact with a
    >"Topper" e.g. underneath?
    >
    >Thank you for your advice.

    I didn't find the answer,but I was duly scared of ever using an
    electric blanket again.
    Google: dangers of electric blanket

    --
    Earth as seen from Saturn
    http://tinyurl.com/27q733

    , Apr 30, 2007

  3. On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:15:25 -0700, John <dmx819@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > Overheard in a soft furnishing shop...
    > "Don't use a foam topper underneath an
    > electric blanket."
    >
    > A fairly obvious comment if it relates to
    > losing the softening effect of the "Topper,"
    > but does it also mean that an electric blanket
    > should not be used at all in contact with a
    > "Topper" e.g. underneath?
    >
    > Thank you for your advice.
    >
    > John

    IIRC, only the memory foam type mattresses / toppers are thermal
    sensitive; firmer in the cold,
    softer with heat. Latex doesn't exhibit that property, but it also has a
    different feel.

    --
    Slack - new convert to memory foam mattresses and will never go back

    =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=, May 2, 2007