Flying MB-E5700

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by OhNo, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. OhNo

    OhNo Guest

    With the hols approaching I bit the bullet and ordered an MB-E5700 for my
    5700, from a well know mail order company............because of their very
    good price £42 delivered.........with a 24/48 hour delivery.

    That was yesterday, when I got home today there was the parcel on my
    conservatory table....wow some quick service.......

    I removed the goods from the box, loaded it with batts and away she
    went.......lovely.

    About a half hour later the missus arrives home and tells me that when she
    got back from shopping the parcel was on the floor in the middle of our
    conservatory...........Both her and I had been out virtually all day, no
    other occupiers, so howdit get there....................well one of the top
    1/4 light windows (6 feet of the floor) was open...............yep you
    guessed, old delivery man just lobed it in.

    Thank god it was not a D50/70 or more.............something with a bit of
    weight.

    OhNo, Jun 29, 2006

  2. On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:17:17 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "OhNo"
    <> wrote:

    >With the hols approaching I bit the bullet and ordered an MB-E5700 for my
    >5700, from a well know mail order company............because of their very
    >good price £42 delivered.........with a 24/48 hour delivery.
    >
    >That was yesterday, when I got home today there was the parcel on my
    >conservatory table....wow some quick service.......
    >
    >I removed the goods from the box, loaded it with batts and away she
    >went.......lovely.
    >
    >About a half hour later the missus arrives home and tells me that when she
    >got back from shopping the parcel was on the floor in the middle of our
    >conservatory...........Both her and I had been out virtually all day, no
    >other occupiers, so howdit get there....................well one of the top
    >1/4 light windows (6 feet of the floor) was open...............yep you
    >guessed, old delivery man just lobed it in.
    >
    >Thank god it was not a D50/70 or more.............something with a bit of
    >weight.

    As long as it's in one piece. If you are not aware there was an issue with
    early units and very high capacity NiMh batteries which don't fully meet
    the IEEE dimensional specs. There were problems with getting the positive
    terminal to make good contact on the outer bays. Nikon would replace the
    whole unit if you complained about it and mentioned others had this done. I
    went through this three years ago.
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/CP_5700/Nits/Cp5700_nits.html
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jun 29, 2006

  3. OhNo

    OhNo Guest

    "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:17:17 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "OhNo"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>With the hols approaching I bit the bullet and ordered an MB-E5700 for my
    >>5700, from a well know mail order company............because of their very
    >>good price £42 delivered.........with a 24/48 hour delivery.
    >>
    >>That was yesterday, when I got home today there was the parcel on my
    >>conservatory table....wow some quick service.......
    >>
    >>I removed the goods from the box, loaded it with batts and away she
    >>went.......lovely.
    >>
    >>About a half hour later the missus arrives home and tells me that when she
    >>got back from shopping the parcel was on the floor in the middle of our
    >>conservatory...........Both her and I had been out virtually all day, no
    >>other occupiers, so howdit get there....................well one of the
    >>top
    >>1/4 light windows (6 feet of the floor) was open...............yep you
    >>guessed, old delivery man just lobed it in.
    >>
    >>Thank god it was not a D50/70 or more.............something with a bit of
    >>weight.

    > As long as it's in one piece. If you are not aware there was an issue with
    > early units and very high capacity NiMh batteries which don't fully meet
    > the IEEE dimensional specs. There were problems with getting the positive
    > terminal to make good contact on the outer bays. Nikon would replace the
    > whole unit if you complained about it and mentioned others had this done.
    > went through this three years ago.
    > http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/CP_5700/Nits/Cp5700_nits.html
    > --
    > Ed Ruf ()
    > http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    thanks, on close inspection of this unit they have cured it by modifying the
    contact plate by stamping a raised section where the terminal meets.

    dj

    OhNo, Jun 30, 2006