    now with laptop. But now all I get is uncontrollable cursor. The wireless
    setup still seems correct and I get very close to connecting but can control
    cursor enough to click. any thoughts?

    =?Utf-8?B?cmJ3?=, Jul 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmJ3?=

    Malke Guest

    rbw wrote:

    > My wireless connection, using linsys router and card has worked fine up to
    > now with laptop. But now all I get is uncontrollable cursor. The
    > wireless setup still seems correct and I get very close to connecting but
    > can control
    > cursor enough to click. any thoughts?

    What makes you think the cursor has anything to do with the wireless
    connection? Does the cursor work with other applications?

    The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time things
    worked and the time they didn't?

    Without more information, I'm not sure where to start helping you. Post back
    with more details. In the meantime, if the cursor isn't acting correctly at
    all, reinstall the touchpad drivers. Get them from the laptop mftr.'s
    website for your specific model laptop.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Because I still can dialup (I never cancelled that) and the cursor stops when
    using dialup. Of course, I'd rather firmly establish my wireless connection
    so I can cancel dialup.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmJ3?=, Jul 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmJ3?=

    Malke Guest

    rbw wrote:

    > Because I still can dialup (I never cancelled that) and the cursor stops
    > when
    > using dialup. Of course, I'd rather firmly establish my wireless
    > connection so I can cancel dialup.

    OK, start from the beginning. Remember that none of us can see your computer
    and what is completely clear to *you* is not at all apparent to people who
    are just reading about it. Here's an example of what I need to know:

    1. Your operating system and if XP, what version and Service Pack level.
    2. What wireless hardware you have in the computer.
    3. A clear description of the cursor's behavior - ex. "The cursor acts
    completely normally until I connect to my wireless Internet connection (DSL
    with a Linksys wireless router). Then it flies all over the place. As soon
    as I disconnect, the cursor returns to normal. This doesn't seem to have
    anything to do with being on the Internet since my AOL dialup account works
    perfectly.
    4. The cursor behaved itself until [insert some time frame and any ideas of
    what changed].
    5. What you've already tried.

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 27, 2006