Flushing the System

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2FyYWg=?=, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. I was hanging around one day with a friend who works for

    This is my favorite Tech Tale... With over 10 years of tech support under my
    belt, I keep using this one to 'prove' that nothing is impossible.

    While doing support for a mail-order computer company, one of my calls went
    like this:

    Me: tech support, how can I help you? Customer: Every time I flush my
    toilet, my computer reboots.

    Me: (pause)

    Me: Excuse me?

    Customer: Every time I flush my toilet, my computer reboots.

    I spent a couple of minutes working along the lines of "if you want help,
    you have to tell me what's wrong.", but the customer kept insisting that was
    the problem.

    The cause: Customer lived on a rural farm, and had low power on the utility
    lines. Add that to an electric water pump, and every time he flushed the
    toilet, the pump would kick in, power would sag even more, and... *poof*
    computer reboot...

    http://www.techtales.com/ttales1297.html

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FyYWg=?=, Feb 15, 2005