    that won't go away. It is titled "Thanks for installing Google ToolBar"
    but I don't want to install that. Closing the box results in it coming
    back again in less than a second. Advice? TIA
    Stubby, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Stubby

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/02/2006 01:08 PM, Stubby wrote:
    > I am trying to get rid of all the Google stuff on my machine (like the
    > 40GB file it created!). But now I get a popup in the extension manager
    > that won't go away. It is titled "Thanks for installing Google ToolBar"
    > but I don't want to install that. Closing the box results in it coming
    > back again in less than a second. Advice? TIA

    What Google stuff are you talking about?

    What 40GB file?

    What program are you talking about?

    What operating system/service pack are you using?

    How are you trying to get rid of the Google stuff?
    Mumia W., Aug 2, 2006

  3. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > On 08/02/2006 01:08 PM, Stubby wrote:
    >> I am trying to get rid of all the Google stuff on my machine (like the
    >> 40GB file it created!). But now I get a popup in the extension
    >> manager that won't go away. It is titled "Thanks for installing
    >> Google ToolBar" but I don't want to install that. Closing the box
    >> results in it coming back again in less than a second. Advice? TIA

    > What Google stuff are you talking about?

    Google Desktop

    > What 40GB file?

    The one that filled a backup hard disk and caused DataKeeper to choke.

    > What program are you talking about?

    Firefox browser, but I believe the problem is deeper

    > What operating system/service pack are you using?

    W2KP sp4

    > How are you trying to get rid of the Google stuff?

    Previously I uninstalled it from add/remove programs i the control panel
    Stubby, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Stubby

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/02/2006 06:17 PM, Stubby wrote:

    > Mumia W. wrote:
    >> On 08/02/2006 01:08 PM, Stubby wrote:
    >>> I am trying to get rid of all the Google stuff on my machine (like
    >>> the 40GB file it created!). But now I get a popup in the extension
    >>> manager that won't go away. It is titled "Thanks for installing
    >>> Google ToolBar" but I don't want to install that. Closing the box
    >>> results in it coming back again in less than a second. Advice? TIA

    >> What Google stuff are you talking about?

    > Google Desktop
    >>
    >> What 40GB file?

    > The one that filled a backup hard disk and caused DataKeeper to choke.
    >>
    >> What program are you talking about?

    > Firefox browser, but I believe the problem is deeper
    >>
    >> What operating system/service pack are you using?

    > W2KP sp4
    >>
    >> How are you trying to get rid of the Google stuff?

    > Previously I uninstalled it from add/remove programs i the control panel

    If you see Google Toolbar in the list of Fx extensions, try to
    remove it using Fx's extension manager. If that won't work,
    you might try installing Google Toolbar :( and removing it
    again.

    And if that doesn't work, you can create a new profile and
    re-enter all of your profile settings and data :_(

    Then you'd blast (remove) the old profile from disk.
    Mumia W., Aug 3, 2006