    ctrl-atl-del thing.

    What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

    EP

    English Patient, Nov 27, 2004

  2. English Patient

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "English Patient" <> wrote in message
    news:cob3kn$quk$...
    |I keep getting this error message:
    |
    | ----
    | The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
    | Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if
    the
    | volume can really be removed.
    | ----
    |
    | It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win98) freezes and I do the
    | ctrl-atl-del thing.
    |
    | What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

    Get the computer to stop freezing. Seriously! The ctrl-alt-del thing is fine
    once in a while, but it definately leads to problems of it's own.

    So now, ask the correct questions: "My computer is locking up. Here's what I
    can tell you about my system...." (make list) " and this is what I am doing
    when it freezes..." (make list)...

    In other words, fix the problem, not treat the symptoms.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2004

    http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/support/removed_error.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 28, 2004
  4. English Patient

    SgtMinor Guest

    English Patient wrote:

    > I keep getting this error message:
    >
    > ----
    > The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
    > Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if the
    > volume can really be removed.
    > ----
    >
    > It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win98) freezes and I do the
    > ctrl-atl-del thing.
    >
    > What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?
    >
    > EP

    Always flush the data when you've mounted the voume.

    --
    "Or you'll stink up the place."

    SgtMinor, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Dammit! I'm another of those "why didn't he try googling for the answer
    before asking his question" people.

    But thanx for the link anyway.

    EP

    English Patient, Nov 28, 2004
  6. No worries mate. I've found several times that the way to solve a
    computer problem is to try composing a request for help in this group.
    While trying to spell out the details it frequently becomes apparent
    that either I already know the answer or at least know how to find the
    answer and I don't need to post the request.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 28, 2004
  7. English Patient

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Me too...I'll get so frustrated with a problem, but when I get away and sit
    down to post (and lower my frustration level) I often get a chance to think
    about it from a different perspective.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 28, 2004