  1. A lovely gem from Verity Stob, accompanied by some truly terrifying
    diagrams:
    <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/08/16/verity_stob_software_diagramming/>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:37:09 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > A lovely gem from Verity Stob, accompanied by some truly terrifying
    > diagrams:
    > <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/08/16/verity_stob_software_diagramming/>.

    Back in the dim and distant past... early '80's, I worked as a developer
    on a big project that required flow charts to be delivered s a part of the
    documentation. Post project analysis showed that more time was spent
    writing them than delivering the code itself.

    Steve, Aug 18, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:37:09 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> A lovely gem from Verity Stob, accompanied by some truly terrifying
    >> diagrams:
    >> <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/08/16/verity_stob_software_diagramming/>.

    > Back in the dim and distant past... early '80's, I worked as a developer
    > on a big project that required flow charts to be delivered s a part of the
    > documentation. Post project analysis showed that more time was spent
    > writing them than delivering the code itself.

    You could look at that two ways - one is that the flowcharting was a
    waste of time, but the other would be that because the flowcharting was
    meticulous the programming time was slashed.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:42:09 +1200, Enkidu wrote:

    > Steve wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:37:09 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> A lovely gem from Verity Stob, accompanied by some truly terrifying
    >>> diagrams:
    >>> <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/08/16/verity_stob_software_diagramming/>.

    >> Back in the dim and distant past... early '80's, I worked as a developer
    >> on a big project that required flow charts to be delivered s a part of the
    >> documentation. Post project analysis showed that more time was spent
    >> writing them than delivering the code itself.
    > >

    > You could look at that two ways - one is that the flowcharting was a
    > waste of time, but the other would be that because the flowcharting was
    > meticulous the programming time was slashed.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    The former, as the charts were still being drawn well into the final
    testing phases, and were threatening to delay delivery.

    Steve, Aug 18, 2007