    unconstitutional in some way. Which I hope gets thrown out. When these
    kinds of law get written, do the lawmakers really think it will ever be
    enforced? 5 years for just having a key? Totally frickin outrageous.

    richard, Sep 10, 2009

  2. richard

    Brian H¹© Guest

    richard wrote in news:a28kjbx2nx7v$:

    > be enforced? 5 years for just having a key? Totally frickin
    > outrageous.

    With all that you have I would say the chair would be about right.

    So much for keeping quiet, you must have lasted all of 24 hours.

    STFU

    Brian H¹©, Sep 10, 2009

  3. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    > But the big big big issue
    >here? A handcuff key. Attached to his necklace. Concealed even. According
    >to the law, it's a 3rd degree felony (?? a felony ??) and thusly carries a
    >maximum prison term of five years.

    You can be arrested in the U.S if you posses lock picking tools if
    your not a locksmith.

    I had a set once, very handy, you bounce the pins while putting
    pressure on the cylinder.
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/security/lock-picking2.htm
    or http://tinyurl.com/lvr2nf
    --

    This is old, but shows how things are seen, depending upon who you are.
    http://www.thechessdrum.net/newsbriefs/2005/NB_photos/looting.jpg

    , Sep 10, 2009
  4. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-09-10, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> But the big big big issue
    >>> here? A handcuff key. Attached to his necklace. Concealed even. According
    >>> to the law, it's a 3rd degree felony (?? a felony ??) and thusly carries a
    >>> maximum prison term of five years.

    >> You can be arrested in the U.S if you posses lock picking tools if
    >> your not a locksmith.
    >>
    >> I had a set once, very handy, you bounce the pins while putting
    >> pressure on the cylinder.
    >> http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/security/lock-picking2.htm
    >> or http://tinyurl.com/lvr2nf

    > Oddly enough, another occupation that is/was allowed to have pick sets
    > is people in the furniture business. Don't ask me why, other than
    > delivering furniture and nobody home, I don't understand it. But I was
    > in the furniture business for a while so I still have a bump key set,
    > pick gun and so forth. Never got good at it.

    Lots of furniture has locks.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 10, 2009
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:44:10 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> But the big big big issue
    >>> here? A handcuff key. Attached to his necklace. Concealed even. According
    >>> to the law, it's a 3rd degree felony (?? a felony ??) and thusly carries a
    >>> maximum prison term of five years.

    >> You can be arrested in the U.S if you posses lock picking tools if
    >> your not a locksmith.
    >>
    >> I had a set once, very handy, you bounce the pins while putting
    >> pressure on the cylinder.
    >> http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/security/lock-picking2.htm
    >> or http://tinyurl.com/lvr2nf

    > Oddly enough, another occupation that is/was allowed to have pick sets
    > is people in the furniture business. Don't ask me why, other than
    > delivering furniture and nobody home, I don't understand it. But I was
    > in the furniture business for a while so I still have a bump key set,
    > pick gun and so forth. Never got good at it.

    Maybe because some furniture have locks on them.

    richard, Sep 10, 2009
  6. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 05:09:34 -0700, wrote:

    > You can be arrested in the U.S if you posses lock picking tools if
    > your not a locksmith.

    Depends on the state. In several states, simple possession is not sufficient
    cause for arrest. I can't say, for sure, how it is in California, but, as a
    juror, I'd be looking for more than simple possession; something like
    felonious, or malicious intent.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    NormanM, Sep 10, 2009
  7. richard <> deflatulated this with news:a28kjbx2nx7v
    $:

    > Back in 1998 three officers were killed by a guy who had on his

    possession
    > a universal handcuff key. Which was on his necklace. Aren't cops trained

    > remove things like this so they can't used as a weapon? Oh yeah. It's
    > against the prisoner's rights.
    >
    > Anyways, some young dude living on the beach was busted for harassing

    some
    > ladies. Seems he was a tad drunk doing so. Then the cops find marijuana

    on
    > the dude. Ok that's a year or so in jail maybe. But the big big big issue
    > here? A handcuff key. Attached to his necklace. Concealed even. According
    > to the law, it's a 3rd degree felony (?? a felony ??) and thusly carries

    > maximum prison term of five years.
    >
    > It now appears that this law will get challenged as probably being
    > unconstitutional in some way. Which I hope gets thrown out. When these
    > kinds of law get written, do the lawmakers really think it will ever be
    > enforced? 5 years for just having a key? Totally frickin outrageous.

    They should make the handcuffs with changing combination locks so the LEDs
    simply have to enter a password known only to them and then some sort of
    biometrics for encrypted security.

    Oh yeah, there ain't no key for a rope! Works out in the Wild West, it
    ought to work in Faggy Florida?

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, that is NOT
    a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket; and yet, I'm NOT

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 11, 2009
  8. richard

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode, <a28kjbx2nx7v$>, the lovely
    and talented richard broadcast on 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > It now appears that this law will get challenged as probably being
    > unconstitutional in some way. Which I hope gets thrown out. When these
    > kinds of law get written, do the lawmakers really think it will ever be
    > enforced? 5 years for just having a key? Totally frickin outrageous.

    When I worked in admissions at the lunatic asylum, all the staff had at
    least one --- bought from a locksmith across the street. Smalltown cops
    would bring in a nutso, sometimes from hundreds of miles away, and pretty
    damn often they would discover they did not have a key for the handcuffs.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/> September 5855, 1993
    233 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

    Lars Eighner, Sep 11, 2009
  9. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:50:57 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > wrote:

    >> This is old, but shows how things are seen, depending upon who you
    >> are. http://www.thechessdrum.net/newsbriefs/2005/NB_photos/looting.jpg
    >> The top photo was removed from the site when both photos were being
    >> shown together.

    > It's not that hard to do the math on this one. If you are a black kid
    > you are looting. If you are white adults, you "found" the groceries.

    Eh? Looting is looting. When have white adults ever "found" any groceries,
    other than those they paid for? If you were going to discuss illicit drugs,
    you would be on to something.

    NormanM, Sep 12, 2009
  10. richard

    NotMe Guest

    "NormanM" <> wrote in message
    : On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:50:57 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    :
    : > wrote:
    :
    : >> This is old, but shows how things are seen, depending upon who you
    : >> are. http://www.thechessdrum.net/newsbriefs/2005/NB_photos/looting.jpg
    : >> The top photo was removed from the site when both photos were being
    : >> shown together.
    :
    : > It's not that hard to do the math on this one. If you are a black kid
    : > you are looting. If you are white adults, you "found" the groceries.
    :
    : Eh? Looting is looting. When have white adults ever "found" any groceries,
    : other than those they paid for? If you were going to discuss illicit
    drugs,
    : you would be on to something.

    I recall video of 'looting' in New Orleans after Katrina on FNN. What they
    didn't show was the part of the videos with an interview with store manager
    saying the owner told him to tell people to take what they could use.

    NotMe, Sep 12, 2009