florida jury sends plumber to death row...even though his IQ is low

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Sep 5, 2009

  2. richard

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    > defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    > rape, and murder.

    Stupid is not an excuse - if you're so stupid that you don't know
    right/wrong or what you did then you don't deserve to be on the planet
    where you can harm others again.

    Trust yourself.
    (remove 999 for proper email address)
    Leythos, Sep 5, 2009

  3. Re: florida jury sends plumber to death row...even though his IQ islow

    On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 16:05:07 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    > defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    > rape, and murder.

    So? Wait until they get to *you*.

    --
    Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
    The Chief Instigator, Sep 5, 2009
  4. Re: florida jury sends plumber to death row...even though his IQ islow

    On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:33:35 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>
    >> Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    >> defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    >> rape, and murder.

    > That's good actually, they'll be able to save a little money on the
    > electric bill

    A little? ;-)

    The Chief Instigator, Sep 5, 2009
  5. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Leythos <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.
    >> html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>
    >> Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    >> defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    >> rape, and murder.

    > Stupid is not an excuse - if you're so stupid that you don't know
    > right/wrong or what you did then you don't deserve to be on the planet
    > where you can harm others again.

    What about people who aren't responsible for their own actions and are in
    instituitions because of it? it certainly *is* for them. How is this
    different? We're talking Down syndrome territory here, not anything
    *near* average which is 100. Besides, he obviously *wasn't* legally
    responsible by reason of mental defect. *Not* just intelligence, mind you,
    but legally insane as in people with hallucinations which distort reality
    to the point of it dissappearing entirely which he had.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 5, 2009
  6. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote in

    > philo wrote:
    >> The Chief Instigator wrote:

    >>> A little? ;-)
    >>>

    >> yeah...
    >>
    >> i think they don't have to leave the electric chair on quite as long...
    >>
    >> less brain cells to kill you know , low IQ and all
    >>
    >> Sort of ironic though, that those old , Westinghouse electric chairs
    >> from 1955 still have the little label on them that says:
    >>

    >> "Live better, electrically."
    >>
    >> prolly gives the criminal a little bit of last minute humor

    > Why would a Westinghouse product carry a GE slogan?

    When did he type "We bring good things to life?" or the current one
    (obviously not relevant): "imagination at work" according to wiki under
    "Brand"

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 5, 2009
  7. richard

    philo Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> The Chief Instigator wrote:

    >>> A little? ;-)
    >>>

    >> yeah...
    >>
    >> i think they don't have to leave the electric chair on quite as long...
    >>
    >> less brain cells to kill you know , low IQ and all
    >>
    >> Sort of ironic though, that those old , Westinghouse electric chairs
    >> from 1955 still have the little label on them that says:
    >>

    >> "Live better, electrically."
    >>
    >> prolly gives the criminal a little bit of last minute humor

    > Why would a Westinghouse product carry a GE slogan?

    Good catch there, 1955 was a long time ago and I don't usually get to
    look at electric chairs close up! <G>
    philo, Sep 5, 2009
  8. richard

    philo Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > SgtMinor <> wrote in
    >
    >> philo wrote:

    >>> yeah...
    >>>
    >>> i think they don't have to leave the electric chair on quite as long...
    >>>
    >>> less brain cells to kill you know , low IQ and all
    >>>
    >>> Sort of ironic though, that those old , Westinghouse electric chairs
    >>> from 1955 still have the little label on them that says:
    >>>

    >>> "Live better, electrically."
    >>>
    >>> prolly gives the criminal a little bit of last minute humor

    >> Why would a Westinghouse product carry a GE slogan?

    > When did he type "We bring good things to life?" or the current one
    > (obviously not relevant): "imagination at work" according to wiki under
    > "Brand"

    Nah GE used the "Live better electrically" too

    anyway as are most of my jokes...pretty bad!
    philo, Sep 5, 2009
  9. richard

    Brian H¹© Guest

    richard wrote in news::

    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index
    > .html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    > defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    > rape, and murder.

    Last time I looked this groups name contained the word helpdesk, not
    trivial pursuits.
    Please explain how your posts are helping.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 5, 2009
  10. Re: florida jury sends plumber to death row...even though his IQ islow

    On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:03:37 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    > The Chief Instigator wrote:

    >>> That's good actually, they'll be able to save a little money on the
    >>> electric bill

    >> A little? ;-)

    > yeah...
    >
    > i think they don't have to leave the electric chair on quite as long...
    >
    > less brain cells to kill you know , low IQ and all
    >
    > Sort of ironic though, that those old , Westinghouse electric chairs
    > from 1955 still have the little label on them that says:
    >
    > "Live better, electrically."
    >
    > prolly gives the criminal a little bit of last minute humor

    No problem at all...and one of our north Tulsa neighbors had one of those
    back in the late '50s. (That was a couple of blocks away from where three
    major streets crossed, and the seven gas stations had a price war in the
    summer of 1961 to the point that three or four of the seven were selling
    leaded regular for 5.9 cents a gallon...ten years too early for me to fill
    up my first car for 71 cents. ;-)

    The Chief Instigator, Sep 5, 2009
  11. In news:Xns9C7CE65C6B9EBchucknilcar@127.0.0.1,
    chuckcar <> wrote:
    > Leythos <> wrote in
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.
    >>> html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>>
    >>> Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    >>> defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    >>> rape, and murder.

    >> Stupid is not an excuse - if you're so stupid that you don't know
    >> right/wrong or what you did then you don't deserve to be on the
    >> planet where you can harm others again.
    >>

    > What about people who aren't responsible for their own actions and
    > are in instituitions because of it? it certainly *is* for them. How
    > is this different? We're talking Down syndrome territory here,

    Not at all:

    IQ score ranges (from DSM-IV):

    Mild mental retardation: IQ 50–55 to 70; children require mild support;
    formally called "Educable Mentally Retarded".

    Moderate retardation: IQ 35–40 to 50–55; children require moderate
    supervision and assistance; formally called "Trainable Mentally Retarded".

    Severe mental retardation: IQ 20–25 to 35–40; can be taught basic life
    skills and simple tasks with supervision.

    Profound mental retardation: IQ below 20–25; usually caused by a
    neurological condition; require constant care.

    Also, see here:

    http://wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html

    > not
    > anything *near* average which is 100. Besides, he obviously *wasn't*
    > legally responsible by reason of mental defect.

    He obviously was.

    One does not get an exemption from legal responsibility until ones IQ dips
    below 71.

    > *Not* just
    > intelligence, mind you, but legally insane as in people with
    > hallucinations which distort reality to the point of it dissappearing
    > entirely which he had.

    The court did not find him to be legally insane.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

    The right to be heard does not automatically include
    the right to be taken seriously. Hubert H. Humphrey
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Sep 5, 2009
  12. richard

    Brian H¹© Guest

    richard wrote in news::

    > On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 08:19:52 GMT, "Brian H¹©"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>richard wrote in news::

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index
    >>> .html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>>
    >>> Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    >>> defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    >>> rape, and murder.
    >>>

    >>Last time I looked this groups name contained the word helpdesk, not
    >>trivial pursuits.
    >>Please explain how your posts are helping.

    > Excuse moi, por favor. But this group has no known purpose.
    > There is no charter and no FAQ on file.
    > So technically, anything is on topic.

    Help on any subject.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 5, 2009
  13. richard

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Xns9C7CE65C6B9EBchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    says...

    > Leythos <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.
    > >> html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    > >>
    > >> Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    > >> defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    > >> rape, and murder.

    > > Stupid is not an excuse - if you're so stupid that you don't know
    > > right/wrong or what you did then you don't deserve to be on the planet
    > > where you can harm others again.
    > >

    > What about people who aren't responsible for their own actions and are in
    > instituitions because of it? it certainly *is* for them. How is this
    > different? We're talking Down syndrome territory here, not anything
    > *near* average which is 100. Besides, he obviously *wasn't* legally
    > responsible by reason of mental defect. *Not* just intelligence, mind you,
    > but legally insane as in people with hallucinations which distort reality
    > to the point of it dissappearing entirely which he had.

    Chuck, if a person harms another person because they are not "capable"
    of understanding their actions - if they show signs that it MAY
    continue, it's time to treat them like a rabid dog - put them down.

    I don't believe in "Innocent by reason of mental defect", it should be,
    to be fair "Guilty by reason of mental defect" - and it should carry a
    penalty that considers that the person has no ability to control that
    type of action/response and is likely to do it again.

    Leythos, Sep 5, 2009
  14. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries" <> wrote in

    > In news:Xns9C7CE65C6B9EBchucknilcar@127.0.0.1,
    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >> Leythos <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> says...
    >>>>

    >> *Not* just
    >> intelligence, mind you, but legally insane as in people with
    >> hallucinations which distort reality to the point of it dissappearing
    >> entirely which he had.

    > The court did not find him to be legally insane.

    Then they made a mistake.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 6, 2009
  15. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Leythos <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns9C7CE65C6B9EBchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Leythos <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Stupid is not an excuse - if you're so stupid that you don't know
    >> > right/wrong or what you did then you don't deserve to be on the
    >> > planet where you can harm others again.
    >> >

    >> What about people who aren't responsible for their own actions and are
    >> in instituitions because of it? it certainly *is* for them. How is this
    >> different? We're talking Down syndrome territory here, not anything
    >> *near* average which is 100. Besides, he obviously *wasn't* legally
    >> responsible by reason of mental defect. *Not* just intelligence, mind
    >> you, but legally insane as in people with hallucinations which distort
    >> reality to the point of it dissappearing entirely which he had.

    > Chuck, if a person harms another person because they are not "capable"
    > of understanding their actions - if they show signs that it MAY
    > continue, it's time to treat them like a rabid dog - put them down.

    Well, now *there's* the reason the criminal justice system was invented:
    to treat humans like subhuman creatures. Riight.

    > I don't believe in "Innocent by reason of mental defect", it should be,
    > to be fair "Guilty by reason of mental defect" - and it should carry a
    > penalty that considers that the person has no ability to control that
    > type of action/response and is likely to do it again.

    But should they be put in the same place as those who know what they *are*
    doing? Therein is the question.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 6, 2009
  16. richard <> deflatulated this with

    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/florida.murder.kidnap.penalty/index.h
    > tml?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Regardless of his IQ of 76, the jury didn't buy that argument as a
    > defense. The jury convicted the idiot of the charges of kidnapping,
    > rape, and murder.

    Did he kidnap, rape and then murder someone?

    Well, then, what is *your* problem?

    He should have said "whoops, my bad" and they would have
    just called it an unfortunate mistake... Or used the "Well,
    she was askin' for it and then she smiled" defense, and
    they might have called it an 'accident'...

    You think you get to kidnap, rape and murder someone; then,
    all you have to do is Kamikazee a retard test to get off free?
    OT, but aren't *all* plumbers retarded? Remember McCain's
    'Joe, the Plumber'? He was a hoot! I'd send him to the
    electric-chair just out of general principles... but they
    won't let me be on the jury anymore because I wanted the
    death penalty for that perv who raped a picnic table. (CO, 2007)

    Ain't happenin' in the Sunshine State 'cause they've got
    a bet with Texas for cleaning-up the gene-pool which goes
    back to the George W. Bush (Rep, TX) and Jeb Bush (Rep, FL)
    days of yore when 'Old Sparky' was sum'in' more than just
    a comic-book-scary-story.

    Death and Life sentences carry an automatic review by appellate
    courts and the Supreme Court unless the defendant pled guilty.
    But that just means the long-robes are gonna be gettin' in
    on the barbeque party!

    The moral of the story is "if you're gonna kidnap, rape, and
    murder some peeples, go to Scotland, where you can cough some
    and then they'll send you home on an airplane (but only in
    the 'Economy Class') to a big parade and some fried goat burgers."

    That's why they call it "Scott-free"... and *you* thought it was
    because of the free toilet paper you steal from the Interstate
    Highway rest stops?

    HTH, HAND, GSTQ and BYOB.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, that is NOT
    a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket; and yet, I'm NOT

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 8, 2009