    Phil

    --
    "I LET MY MIND WANDER AND IT NEVER CAME BACK"
    Phil, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Phil

    philo Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:ElIqf.8690$...
    > Have you ever copied a two floppy program to a CD or to a hard disk and
    > then run the install.exe only to have the message come up to put in the
    > second disk and no way to do that anymore (no floppy drive)? If so, how
    > did you handle it ??

    just browse over to the 2nd folder...
    or copy all the files to just one folder
    philo, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Phil

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:24:52 GMT, Phil wrote:

    >Have you ever copied a two floppy program to a CD or to a hard disk and then

    Yes. (well not 2 floppy but several of 5-8 floppies)

    >run the install.exe only to have the message come up to put in the second
    >disk and no way to do that anymore (no floppy drive)? If so, how did you

    No.

    >handle it ??

    Common Sense.

    If that's an issue, it's been mentioned before in 24HSHD,

    Me
    why?, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Phil

    Linnie Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > Have you ever copied a two floppy program to a CD or to a hard disk and
    > then run the install.exe only to have the message come up to put in the
    > second
    > disk and no way to do that anymore (no floppy drive)? If so, how did you
    > handle it ??
    >
    > Phil

    If Philo's sudgestion doesn't work thy this. It may work, may not. It did
    for me at least once that I know of.

    On the first disk look for a *.dat. Open it in notepad by draging the file
    into the open notepad, or some other text editor. Look for a line that says
    something like "end disk" next line would be something like "define disk.
    From the "endisk" line , delete every thing to the next line that says
    "begin lib"

    Now it should say:
    EndLib

    BeginLib c-data2
    file 1
    file 2
    and so on with all files on 2nd disk
    EndLib

    If there is a third or more disks it would be repeated for every disk.

    Just so you will know how long ago this was, It was a set of 5.25 inch disks
    copyed to one 1.44 meg flopy disk.
    Linnie, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Phil

    Mitch Guest

    In article <ElIqf.8690$>, Phil
    <> wrote:

    > Have you ever copied a two floppy program to a CD or to a hard disk and then
    > run the install.exe only to have the message come up to put in the second
    > disk and no way to do that anymore (no floppy drive)? If so, how did you
    > handle it ??

    Under Mac OS, I made those diskettes into disk images, and when I
    needed to use them I mounted all of the images as virtual disks and
    just ran the installer. Since all diskettes were already available, it
    never asked me for a second or third disk -- kept going until it was
    done.

    As long as Windows and the installers will recognize the presence of
    the virtually-mounted diskette image, I suspect this could work.
    Mitch, Dec 23, 2005