    My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a message to
    "Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do you think I need
    to have the floppy drive replaced??
    JC, Jul 13, 2006

  2. JC

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:37:38 GMT, "JC" <>
    wrote:

    >My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a message to
    >"Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do you think I need
    >to have the floppy drive replaced??

    Have you tried more than one floppy disc?

    Does the light on the drive come on?

    Is the drive in fact A and not possibly B?
    Evan Platt, Jul 13, 2006

  3. JC

    DanR Guest

    JC wrote:
    > My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a
    > message to "Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do
    > you think I need to have the floppy drive replaced??

    If you can get inside... disconnect the ribbon cable and reconnect.
    Sometimes works.
    DanR, Jul 13, 2006
  4. JC

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "JC" <> said in

    > My floppy drive is not recognizing when I put a disk in. I get a
    > message to "Insert Disk into A:/" when a disk is already in there. Do
    > you think I need to have the floppy drive replaced??

    When the drive starts doing that, yes.
    Jerry Attic, Jul 13, 2006