    Any help appreciated,
    Thanks
    Andy

    Andy, May 25, 2006

  2. Andy

    Pen Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    news:e52q93$1abq$...
    > When I boot up my computer I get a "Floppy Disk Fail (40)" message.
    > I press F1 to continue and the computer starts as usuual but the green
    > light
    > on the floppy drive remains on constantly.
    > I thought it was the drive itself that was faulty so I put in another one
    > but the problem remains.
    >
    > Any help appreciated,
    > Thanks
    > Andy

    Usually when the floppy light is always on it means the data cable
    is on backwards.

    Pen, May 25, 2006

  3. Andy

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > When I boot up my computer I get a "Floppy Disk Fail (40)" message.
    > I press F1 to continue and the computer starts as usuual but the green light
    > on the floppy drive remains on constantly.
    > I thought it was the drive itself that was faulty so I put in another one
    > but the problem remains.
    >
    > Any help appreciated,
    > Thanks
    > Andy

    Check in bios, (low battery makes a computer forget)
    whether it is set as a 3.5inch 1.44MB floppy.
    If thats oke,check your cable,if thats also oke,
    the motherboard??
    In that case change the boot order.
    That stops the computer from trying to access
    the floppy.

    Sjouke Burry, May 25, 2006