    happening? Do I have a virus? .
    TIA
    kj
    Kevin, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Kevin

    Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:23:49 -0600, "Kevin" <> wrote:

    |> Every time I insert a floppy in my drive all the data gets deleted and I can
    |> not access any floppy disk. If I take it to another computer that I know can
    |> read a floppy the disk is unreadable. If I go to my other computer and
    |> insert a floppy I can read the contents, if I take it to my problem computer
    |> I get a message that the floppy is unreadable, then I go back to the
    |> computer that read it first and now it's unreadable. What could be
    |> happening? Do I have a virus? .

    Sounds like the drive heads are shot and digging into the floppy disk
    media.

    --
    , Dec 22, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    21 Dec 2004 21:23:49 -0600, "Kevin" <> screamed from
    behind the mulberry bush:

    >Every time I insert a floppy in my drive all the data gets deleted and I can
    >not access any floppy disk. If I take it to another computer that I know can
    >read a floppy the disk is unreadable. If I go to my other computer and
    >insert a floppy I can read the contents, if I take it to my problem computer
    >I get a message that the floppy is unreadable, then I go back to the
    >computer that read it first and now it's unreadable. What could be
    >happening? Do I have a virus? .
    >TIA
    >kj

    No, the floppy drive is fucked up and needs to be replaced.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    > 21 Dec 2004 21:23:49 -0600, "Kevin" <> screamed from
    > behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    > >Every time I insert a floppy in my drive all the data gets deleted and I

    can
    > >not access any floppy disk. If I take it to another computer that I know

    can
    > >read a floppy the disk is unreadable. If I go to my other computer and
    > >insert a floppy I can read the contents, if I take it to my problem

    computer
    > >I get a message that the floppy is unreadable, then I go back to the
    > >computer that read it first and now it's unreadable. What could be
    > >happening? Do I have a virus? .
    > >TIA
    > >kj

    > No, the floppy drive is fucked up and needs to be replaced.

    Thanks guys....
    Kevin, Dec 22, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    21 Dec 2004 22:11:08 -0600, "Kevin" <> screamed from
    behind the mulberry bush:

    You can buy a new one for about $10 at www.pricewatch.com
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 22, 2004