    drivers are installed.Anybody got any ideas how I can cure this..My O/S is
    XP pro..Thanks in advance..
    Steve..

    steve harrington, Sep 8, 2004

  2. steve harrington

    Elco Guest

    "steve harrington" <> schreef in bericht
    > Just fitted a new floppy disk drive.Wont work properly.When I click on A:
    > nothing happens,when i use the right hand mouse button and "open" it keeps
    > on asking for a diskette..It doesnt seem to see the diskette's.Also the
    > green led is constantly on.I have checked through the system and according
    > to windows everything is ok.Floppy is functioning correctly and the latest
    > drivers are installed.Anybody got any ideas how I can cure this..My O/S is
    > XP pro..Thanks in advance..
    > Steve..

    Flat-cable problem.....broken pin....check if n°1 on MOBO connects to n°1 of
    disk-drive...

    --
    grtz......Elco

    Elco, Sep 8, 2004

  3. steve harrington

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:51:11 +0200, steve harrington wrote:

    >Just fitted a new floppy disk drive.Wont work properly.When I click on A:
    >nothing happens,when i use the right hand mouse button and "open" it keeps
    >on asking for a diskette..It doesnt seem to see the diskette's.Also the
    >green led is constantly on.I have checked through the system and according
    >to windows everything is ok.Floppy is functioning correctly and the latest
    >drivers are installed.Anybody got any ideas how I can cure this..My O/S is
    >XP pro..Thanks in advance..
    >Steve..

    If the light is constantly on from the time you boot, try turning over the end
    of your controller ribbon and plugging it back into the drive.

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Sep 8, 2004
  4. steve harrington

    ICee Guest

    steve harrington wrote:
    > Just fitted a new floppy disk drive.Wont work properly.When I click
    > on A: nothing happens,when i use the right hand mouse button and
    > "open" it keeps on asking for a diskette..It doesnt seem to see the
    > diskette's.Also the green led is constantly on.I have checked through
    > the system and according to windows everything is ok.Floppy is
    > functioning correctly and the latest drivers are installed.Anybody
    > got any ideas how I can cure this..My O/S is XP pro..Thanks in
    > advance..
    > Steve..

    The ribbon cable for the floppy drive is on backwards. Power off, flip
    the floppy cable around, try again.

    ICee, Sep 8, 2004