    How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.

    Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting it.

    Thanks

    Earl Brant, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Earl Brant

    Billy Guest

    Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the disk
    Private Do Not Delete.
    Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your files
    are safe.
    Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still reformat
    the disk.

    Billy, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Earl Brant

    Max of Mad Guest

    Billy wrote:

    > Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the disk
    > Private Do Not Delete.
    > Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your files
    > are safe.
    > Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still reformat
    > the disk.
    >
    > "Earl Brant" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
    >>
    >>Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting

    > it.
    >
    >>Thanks

    The write-protect tab is your only solution. Unless you get an LS120
    (do they still make those?) floppy or a Zip drive.

    -Max of Mad
    --
    Leave a tone after the message

    Max of Mad, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Earl Brant

    BIG NIGE Guest

    of course dont forget that whatever you do a magnet will still screw a
    floppy

    BIG NIGE, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Earl Brant

    Kendra Kay Guest

    "Billy" <> wrote in message
    : Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the disk
    : Private Do Not Delete.
    : Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your files
    : are safe.
    : Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still reformat
    : the disk.
    :
    : "Earl Brant" <> wrote in message
    : news:gQonb.16531$...
    : > How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
    : >
    : > Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting
    : it.
    : >
    : > Thanks
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
    I know I can search for this but - if you have time - what's Magic Folders?

    Kendra Kay, Oct 28, 2003
  6. Earl Brant

    Billy Guest

    http://www.pc-magic.com/
    Google is your friend. http://www.google.com

    Billy, Oct 28, 2003
  7. Earl Brant

    Ronald Guest

    "Earl Brant" <> wrote in message
    > How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
    >
    > Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Keep it in your pocket, don't leave it lying around, make multiple copies

    Ronald, Oct 28, 2003
  8. Earl Brant

    Wee Bit Tall Guest

    :
    : "Earl Brant" <> wrote in message
    : news:gQonb.16531$...
    : > How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
    : >
    : > Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting it.
    : >
    : > Thanks
    :
    :
    Not without a third party piece of software. There are several programs to
    either encrypt and [hence password protect] the entire disk or certain
    files. Your better off using something like that to protect the disk and its
    files. Floppys can't be password protected without encryption software.

    Wee Bit Tall, Oct 28, 2003