    computers and it works fine.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Barbara Birkett, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Barbara Birkett

    ElJerid Guest

    "Barbara Birkett" <> wrote in message
    news:c12qav$kol$...
    > I get this message under standard floppy disk controller in device

    manager.
    > "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've had this problem just recently
    > and I didn't do anything to cause it (I don't think I did anyway). I've
    > tried reinstalling it. I know the floppy drive works and that the data

    cable
    > works. I have also tested the power cable. As well as this i have checked
    > that the floppy disk controller is enabled in bios. I have posted this on
    > many websites before but with little success...please help. I run windows

    xp
    > and in a drastic attempt to solve the problem i formatted and
    > reinstalled...but with no luck. I have tested the floppy disk on other
    > computers and it works fine.
    > Thanks,
    > Ryan

    If your drivers are ok and the floppy works in another computer, I' m afraid
    there is a problem with the floppy controller on your motherboard.
    My first idea was that the flat connection cable was inverted, but you said
    you didn't change anything...
    ElJerid, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Barbara Birkett wrote:
    >> I get this message under standard floppy disk controller in device manager.
    >> "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've had this problem just recently
    >> and I didn't do anything to cause it (I don't think I did anyway). I've
    >> tried reinstalling it. I know the floppy drive works and that the data cable
    >> works. I have also tested the power cable. As well as this i have checked
    >> that the floppy disk controller is enabled in bios. I have posted this on
    >> many websites before but with little success...please help. I run windows xp
    >> and in a drastic attempt to solve the problem i formatted and
    >> reinstalled...but with no luck. I have tested the floppy disk on other
    >> computers and it works fine.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ryan

    Calling all units, calling all units.............. we have a
    Code 10, repeat, a Code 10.......... Request assistance!

    --
    Metropolitan point duty constabulary
    Efthymios Pittard, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Barbara Birkett

    relic Guest

    Efthymios Pittard wrote:
    > Barbara Birkett wrote:
    >>> I get this message under standard floppy disk controller in device
    >>> manager. "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've had this
    >>> problem just recently and I didn't do anything to cause it (I don't
    >>> think I did anyway). I've tried reinstalling it. I know the floppy
    >>> drive works and that the data cable works. I have also tested the
    >>> power cable. As well as this i have checked that the floppy disk
    >>> controller is enabled in bios. I have posted this on many websites
    >>> before but with little success...please help. I run windows xp and
    >>> in a drastic attempt to solve the problem i formatted and
    >>> reinstalled...but with no luck. I have tested the floppy disk on
    >>> other computers and it works fine.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Ryan

    > Calling all units, calling all units.............. we have a
    > Code 10, repeat, a Code 10.......... Request assistance!

    You Devil, you.
    --
    - relic -
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.
    relic, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Barbara Birkett

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:04:32 +0000 (UTC) Knowing the password "Barbara
    Birkett" <> wrote :

    >I get this message under standard floppy disk controller in device manager.
    >"This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've had this problem just recently
    >and I didn't do anything to cause it (I don't think I did anyway). I've
    >tried reinstalling it. I know the floppy drive works and that the data cable
    >works. I have also tested the power cable. As well as this i have checked
    >that the floppy disk controller is enabled in bios. I have posted this on
    >many websites before but with little success...please help. I run windows xp
    >and in a drastic attempt to solve the problem i formatted and
    >reinstalled...but with no luck. I have tested the floppy disk on other
    >computers and it works fine.
    >Thanks,
    >Ryan

    If the floppy disk light is on all the time then the data cable is the
    wrong way round?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de
    Shep©, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Barbara Birkett

    Birkett" <> wrote :

    >I get this message under standard floppy disk controller in device manager.
    >"This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've had this problem just recently
    >and I didn't do anything to cause it (I don't think I did anyway). I've
    >tried reinstalling it. I know the floppy drive works and that the data cable
    >works. I have also tested the power cable. As well as this i have checked
    >that the floppy disk controller is enabled in bios. I have posted this on
    >many websites before but with little success...please help. I run windows xp
    >and in a drastic attempt to solve the problem i formatted and
    >reinstalled...but with no luck. I have tested the floppy disk on other
    >computers and it works fine.
    >Thanks,
    >Ryan

    If the floppy disk light is on all the time then the data cable is the
    wrong way round?
    also if the data cable has 3 plugs only use the end two,not the middle
    one.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de
    Shep©, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Barbara Birkett

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    Shep© wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:04:32 +0000 (UTC) Knowing the password "Barbara
    > Birkett" <> wrote :
    >
    >> I get this message under standard floppy disk controller in device
    >> manager. "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've had this
    >> problem just recently and I didn't do anything to cause it (I don't
    >> think I did anyway). I've tried reinstalling it. I know the floppy
    >> drive works and that the data cable works. I have also tested the
    >> power cable. As well as this i have checked that the floppy disk
    >> controller is enabled in bios. I have posted this on many websites
    >> before but with little success...please help. I run windows xp and
    >> in a drastic attempt to solve the problem i formatted and
    >> reinstalled...but with no luck. I have tested the floppy disk on
    >> other computers and it works fine.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ryan
    >>

    > If the floppy disk light is on all the time then the data cable is the
    > wrong way round?

    Why are you asking, you failed excuse for a crooner? Get back to the win98
    groups where you belong.

    --
    TehGhodTrole: Trolling, for God's sake.
    Your Free Insult: Jesus loves you.
    TehGhodTrole, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Barbara Birkett

    Keyser Soze Guest

    relic wrote:
    >> Efthymios Pittard wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Calling all units, calling all units.............. we have a
    >>> Code 10, repeat, a Code 10.......... Request assistance!

    >> You Devil, you.

    Was it a false alarm then?

    --
    Some Big ****
    Keyser Soze, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Barbara Birkett

    Sinbad Guest

    Had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago but in Win2K, never knew
    why it happened (possibly after installing a SCSI card) and never knew how
    to solve it; only knew (because tested) it had nothing to do with the drive
    or with the cable. Had to reinstall the whole lot and then it worked OK! No
    great help, I realise. Sorry

    Sinbad, Feb 26, 2004