    --
    remove both yourteeth to reply
    velc

    velc, Jul 10, 2005

  2. "velc" <> wrote in message
    news:42d1151d$0$24171$...
    > hi
    > I have some programmes that I want to put on an old laptop that only has a
    > floppy drive,the progs are over 1.44meg is there some programme that can
    > split them ,so I can put them onto a couple of floppies and load them onto
    > the laptop.
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > remove both yourteeth to reply
    > velc

    winzip??

    tethank you norwich union for the way you dealt wi, Jul 10, 2005

  3. velc

    Thip Guest

    "velc" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > I have some programmes that I want to put on an old laptop that only has a
    > floppy drive,the progs are over 1.44meg is there some programme that can
    > split them ,so I can put them onto a couple of floppies and load them onto
    > the laptop.
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > remove both yourteeth to reply
    > velc

    Chainsaw

    http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html

    Thip, Jul 10, 2005
  4. velc

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:31:19 +0100, velc wrote:

    >hi
    >I have some programmes that I want to put on an old laptop that only has a
    >floppy drive,the progs are over 1.44meg is there some programme that can
    >split them ,so I can put them onto a couple of floppies and load them onto
    >the laptop.

    According to many previous posts in 24HSHD
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?

    WinRAR
    WinZIP
    PKZIP
    HJSplit (freeware)
    MasterSplitter

    There are quite possibly many more, several software libraries to look
    at are

    www.tucows.com , 24 titles
    http://www.tucows.com/downloads/Windows/IS-IT/FileManagement/FileSplitters/

    www.download.com

    www.simtel.net

    Me

    why?, Jul 10, 2005
  5. velc

    Kenny Guest

    Here's another, MaxSplitter which I have used and it works well.
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/217898

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jul 10, 2005
  6. "velc" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > I have some programmes that I want to put on an old laptop that only has a
    > floppy drive,the progs are over 1.44meg is there some programme that can
    > split them ,so I can put them onto a couple of floppies and load them onto
    > the laptop.
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > remove both yourteeth to reply
    > velc

    Get one of those removable pens, 500mb £18

    Annette Kurten, Jul 10, 2005
  7. velc

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message

    > "velc" <> wrote in message
    >> hi
    >> I have some programmes that I want to put on an old laptop that only has
    >> floppy drive,the progs are over 1.44meg is there some programme that can
    >> split them ,so I can put them onto a couple of floppies and load them
    >> onto
    >> the laptop.
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --
    >> remove both yourteeth to reply
    >> velc
    >>

    > Get one of those removable pens, 500mb £18

    For use on a laptop old enough to not have a CD? I'd bet there's no USB
    either...

    Toolman Tim, Jul 10, 2005
  8. velc

    yakis Guest

    try this:
    http://www.dekabyte.com/filesplitter/download.html
    good luck

    yakis, Jul 10, 2005
  9. velc

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:00:08 +0100, Kenny wrote:

    BTW your post is badly formatted, the sig sep '-- ' is at the top of the
    message and it cuts off the post you replied to. I think it's OEQuoteFix
    you may want. Check past posts in 24HSHD.

    >Here's another, MaxSplitter which I have used and it works well.
    >http://www.tucows.com/preview/217898

    Thanks for letting me know, however I wasn't looking for a file splitter
    the OP was.

    Me

    why?, Jul 10, 2005
  10. velc