    Happens on XP Home PCs

    "floppy can't be acceded.
    Check another application . don't use it"

    Plato, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Plato

    Cat Ables Guest

    In article <407406c0$0$170$>, |@|.| says...
    > OK this isnt a joke. Just started getting some letters reporting this
    > odd message
    > below when trying to use their floppy drive. Only a few hits on google
    > also.
    >
    > Or maybe it is a new joke program?
    >
    > Yes, the message folks get is exactly as below LOL
    >
    > Happens on XP Home PCs
    >

    > "floppy can't be acceded.
    > Check another application . don't use it"

    I'd first check it for virii, just in case, then disable the antivirus
    program and try again. And make sure the disk isn't for BIOS flash or
    something, for a firmware upgrade. Good luck.

    Cat Ables, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Plato

    Thor Guest

    The only time I've heard of this happening is when some other program is
    tying up access to the floppy drive. Sometimes antivirus programs that
    monitor the floppy drives might do this.

    Thor, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Cat Ables wrote:

    > > "floppy can't be acceded.
    > > Check another application . don't use it"

    > I'd first check it for virii, just in case, then disable the antivirus
    > program and try again. And make sure the disk isn't for BIOS flash or
    > something, for a firmware upgrade. Good luck.

    thanks

    Plato, Apr 8, 2004
  5. Plato

    Plato Guest