    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj FROM aussiemail THINGO com
    Pauline Johnson, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Pauline Johnson

    Harrison Guest

    There should be no ill effects with either.

    Harrison, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Pauline Johnson

    °Mike° Guest

    You should be more concerned about walking through
    a metal detector whilst carrying floppies. To be safe,
    though, most airports will inspect such items by hand,
    if asked.

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:31:11 +1100, in
    <>
    Pauline Johnson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Harrison wrote:

    > There should be no ill effects with either.
    >
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:31:11 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Can any one tell me if it is safe to let computer floppy and CD disks
    >>go through the X-ray machines at airports?
    >>
    >>Are they likely to be damaged?

    Remember, operative word is SHOULD. "Mission criticle" info should not
    be trusted to floppies anyway - WAY too delicate these days, My opinion.

    When in doubt, ask the item to be hand-inspected... or use CD-R media
    since it will not be affected by x-ray.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Pauline Johnson

    Harrison Guest

    The OP didn't mention anything about "mission criticle", or even
    "mission critical" data, for that matter.
    Please respond to the OP and not to the respondent.
    I'm not terribly interested in the matter, or I would have posted the
    question myself.

    Harrison, Nov 4, 2003
  6. On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:31:11 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    wrote:

    >Can any one tell me if it is safe to let computer floppy and CD disks
    >go through the X-ray machines at airports?
    >
    >Are they likely to be damaged?

    Thanks Harrison and Mike for info you sent.

    Cheers ....

    Pauline Johnson, Nov 5, 2003
  7. Pauline Johnson

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:01:44 +1100, in
    <>
    Pauline Johnson scrawled:

    >On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:31:11 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Can any one tell me if it is safe to let computer floppy and CD disks
    >>go through the X-ray machines at airports?
    >>
    >>Are they likely to be damaged?

    >Thanks Harrison and Mike for info you sent.
    >
    >Cheers ....

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 5, 2003
  8. Pauline Johnson

    revengemeister

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    HARRISON

    I just joined up for one purpose. To reply to harrison.

    Did you actually read your post before you submitted it?

    Dude get off your high horse before you fall off and hurt yourself! :horse::nurse:

    The guy you was patronising was actually being very helpful to the poster and offered some sound advice. It was not spot on point, but still very relevant.

    You Sir, are a fool, and certainly not a gentleman. :yell:
    :withstup:
    revengemeister, Jul 27, 2012