    newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 12, 2011

  2. Robert Coe

    A Little Bit Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:42:01 -0500, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    > We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    > particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    > newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    > that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

    http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=131892186875737&view=all

    And for some live video of the Brisbane River:-

    http://www.livestream.com/brisbanefloods

    A Little Bit, Jan 12, 2011

  3. Robert Coe

    dj_nme Guest

    On 12/01/2011 1:42 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    > particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    > newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    > that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.
    >
    > Bob

    Pentax and Sony users must be made of special stuff, then? ;)

    dj_nme, Jan 12, 2011
  4. Robert Coe

    Bruce Guest

    Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    >particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    >newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    >that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

    Perhaps the best place to be in Brisbane right now would be on a boat.

    Bruce, Jan 12, 2011
  5. Robert Coe

    Noons Guest

    dj_nme wrote,on my timestamp of 12/01/2011 5:34 PM:

    >> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    >> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    >> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    >> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

    > Pentax and Sony users must be made of special stuff, then? ;)

    I've heard some Oly and Pana models can float...

    Noons, Jan 12, 2011
  6. Robert Coe

    Rich Guest

    On Jan 11, 9:42 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    > particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    > newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    > that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.
    >
    > Bob

    Weren't the greenie kooks proclaiming Australia as the next desert not
    five years ago?

    Rich, Jan 12, 2011
  7. Robert Coe

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jan 12, 12:09 pm, Noons <> wrote:
    > dj_nme wrote,on my timestamp of 12/01/2011 5:34 PM:
    >
    > >> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    > >> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    > >> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    > >> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users..

    > > Pentax and Sony users must be made of special stuff, then? ;)

    > I've heard some Oly and Pana models can float...

    Maybe that's an advantage of plastic cameras ask rich ;-)

    Whisky-dave, Jan 12, 2011
  8. Robert Coe

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jan 12, 1:40 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    > On Jan 11, 9:42 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >
    > > We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
    > > particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
    > > newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
    > > that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

    > > Bob

    > Weren't the greenie kooks proclaiming Australia as the next desert not
    > five years ago?

    Well the sahara desert was once fertile. London was tropical 1000s of
    years ago.
    They'll be saying that australia will win back the ashes soon ;-)

    Whisky-dave, Jan 12, 2011
  9. Robert Coe

    David Ross Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    > They'll be saying that australia will win back the ashes soon ;-)

    Geez you guys don't appreciate a gift when you get it - you know we just
    decided to let you win because its so cold and miserable over there even
    in Summer.

    David

    PS: Note we didn't have to give up our deserts just because of a flood
    - we just like a choice about what might kill us

    David Ross, Jan 13, 2011